ForumsQuestionsI find Task->Subtask not very intuitive.

I find Task->Subtask not very intuitive.
bernd.salewski

Posted: Apr 30, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I upgraded to a Pro Account because of the Subtask Feature. Bit I find it a bit disappointing that the hierarchy Task-Subtask is broken in almost every view. Thats not what I expected: To have a intuitive way to organize tasks in hierarchies.

I like the way how it's done in Todoist where you can branch out almost infinitely.

So in order to see the task-subtask relation I have to click the Load Parent Icon and when I turn to another view the relation is invisible again.

Am I missing something here?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, this was done intentionally because if subtasks were always hidden below their parent, it would be likely that people would forget to do an important subtask because they didn't notice it. For example, if you went to the "due-date" view and clicked on the "today" tab, it is important that subtasks that are due today show up in there so that you remember to do them. If it was nested inside the parent, you may not notice that it is due.

You can read more about subtasks here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/subtasks.php

Hope that helps
bernd.salewski

I understand your point. Maybe I have to make the folder view my default view. This will suit my way of organizing things better.

thanks again for the quick reply. Your service here in the forum is outstanding.
bernd.salewski

I have to point out that in the Folder View the Quick Search doesnt find any Subtasks. :-(
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Hmm. Yeah you are right. Thanks for reporting this bug. We'll get it fixed.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.