ForumsQuestionsSort by a subtask's field, not the absent parent's

Sort by a subtask's field, not the absent parent's
elenhil

Posted: Sep 12, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Is it possible to make Toodledo sort (place) subtasks by their own fields (say, Start Time)?

Say, there is an old ongoing top-level task with subtasks to represent actual steps. These steps are planned to start each in its turn. Sorting my task list by start time I would like these subtasks to appear correspondingly, not within their parent task's start date bracket.

ATM the only way I found is to delete start date for the parent task and search for tasks with start dates only. This is rather inconvenient.

P.S. I suppose you might say that this isn't the proper way to use Toodledo, that since my top-level tasks are not proper tasks I should promote them to folders, and subtasks to tasks, and the problem will be sorter both figuratively and literally. However, I have a collaborator I would like to share my tasks with. If I promote my top-level tasks to folders I would then have to a) "Allow" them to see each new folder (instead of the one folder these tasks currently are), b) "Share" each new task (instead of sharing only top-level tasks and having all the substasks shared automatically).

This message was edited Sep 12, 2013.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I believe that what you are asking for is possible by flattening the subtasks so they sort along with the parent tasks. You can do this by clicking the "Show" button in the toolbar and selecting "subtasks inline".
elenhil

Indeed you're right, thank you very much!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.