ForumsQuestionsAllow parent task to be sorted according to a subtask

Allow parent task to be sorted according to a subtask
Simon

Posted: Mar 22, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

There was a feature request some years ago to allow parent tasks' due date and priority to be automatically set to those of the most urgent and most important subtask that they contain.
Alternatively, to leave parent dates & priorities as they are, but to position the parent in the task list according to the most urgent/important subtask.

This would allow the indented subtask view to shine, without the risk of failing to notice urgent subtasks that are way down the list as they have non-urgent parents.

Has any progress been made on this in the years since it was requested, please? Is there any way to do this as yet? Or any suggested workaround?

Thanks
SES21

Posted: Mar 23, 2014
Have you tried showing subtasks inline instead? Then on the web interface, you can click on the subtask icon & it will immediately show all the tasks, including the parent, grouped together right there. Click again & the hierarchy goes back away again. I find inline view instead of indented also gives me a good way to keep the low priority substask clutter out of the way. It works well for me...YMMV!
Simon

Posted: Mar 24, 2014
Hmm, thanks. The view that one gets there *after* clicking on most of the subtasks is exactly what I'm after.... it's rather a clunky way to reach it, but may be a good workaround for the moment.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.