Unread posts

Announcement

Forums > Questions

"Note to self" is creating weekly repeats

AuthorMessage
DrFrankBuck

Posted: Apr 28, 2014
Score: 0

I am using the Toodledo Android app, and make frequent use of the Google Now "note to self" feature to add tasks. Recently, I have noticed that tasks added in this manner appear as weekly repeating tasks. I have looked at my settings on the web, the app on my tablet, and the app on my phone. All are set for Start Date and Due Date to be "today" (which are working fine), and Repeat as "none." has anyone else had this problem? Anyone have suggestions on a solution?
ykphuah

Posted: Apr 28, 2014

If you create a new task from the app, does your repeat gets set to Weekly also? They should use the same default settings that have been configured in New Tasks Default.
DrFrankBuck

Posted: Apr 29, 2014

No, if I enter the task into the app, it does fine. I agree the defaults should be the same whether being keyed in or entered through Google Now, but that's not what's happening.

I just recently noticed this mysterious repeating pattern, so I don't think it's always been happening.
DrFrankBuck

Posted: Apr 29, 2014

I tried going into Settings>Application Manager and clearing the cache on Google Search. I tried adding another task via Google Now, and it worked...no repeating task. But...I tried another one and got the weekly repeat. I cleared the cache again and have now input several tasks without any showing up as repeating.

I will keep an eye on it and update if I see anything significant.
mike_de_bruyn

Posted: May 01, 2014

On a very slightly different topic: is it possible to get tasks OUT of Toodledo using Google Now or equivalent? I'd love to be able to say: "What's next?" and have it read the next item from my ToDo list. Even better would be: "What's next on my X list?" Where X= Grocery, or ToDO, or whatever. From a technical perspective, if Google can process natural language and then get all kinds of random information from the web, it really should be trivial for it to read the top item from a simple list.

I spent yesterday on it and I find the integration excellent for getting items IN to Toodledo but not OUT.
Jake

Toodledo Admin
Posted: May 01, 2014

This would have to be integrated into our Android app. I will investigate this and see if it is possible.
ykphuah

Posted: May 02, 2014

That is impossible because Google doesn't intend for Now to be an open platform, unless you root it and do something like:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2657759
DrFrankBuck

Posted: May 17, 2014

I am still having the issue with tasks entered through Google Now's "Not to self" command creating being made into weekly repeating tasks. I am using Version 5.2.3 (103). Here is the relevant information:
1. I have checked the new task defaults. I had selected "none."
2. If I change the repeating pattern to something else, new tasks are assigned to that repeating pattern. When I change the default repeating pattern back to "none," we get the weekly repeats.
3. Here is the really strange one: The task shows up with the circular arrow inside the checkbox (I like this new feature). When I open the task, it says the repeating pattern is "none." If I close the task and reopen it, the repeating pattern has changed to weekly. After getting that result several times, i took screen shots if you would like for me to send them.
Jake

Toodledo Admin
Posted: May 17, 2014

Yes, please create a support ticket and attach a screenshot. Thanks!
burt_1400468433

Posted: May 18, 2014

I am getting repeating tasks as well. Tried clearing Google Search cache, as well as uninstalling / reinstalling toodledo. Hope you can get it figured out! Thanks for the great work so far
DrFrankBuck

Posted: May 19, 2014

Yes, I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Same problem. I also have the Toodle app on my Tablet (Samsung Galaxy). I am not having the problem there.
ykphuah

Posted: May 20, 2014

Wait, so you are saying you have the same settings on both your phone and your tablet, and you add a task via Google Now's Note To Self, and both of them are not behaving the same?

What's your phone model, android version, and tablet model, android version?
DrFrankBuck

Posted: May 20, 2014

Phone is Samsung Galaxy S3 Model number SGH-1747 running Android 4.3
Tablet is Samsung Galaxy Tab SM-T310 running Android 4.2.2

The problem with the weekly repeats has not always been happening. I am not exactly sure when it started, by I think the first time I noticed it was April 26.

I wonder is the Android version is making a difference?
burt_1400468433

Posted: May 22, 2014

Droid Razr Maxx here, running 4.1.2

Like others, it worked well for me at first but now is repeating task for every new item.

New task defaults - start date today, priority medium, everything else set to none
rbendett

Posted: May 22, 2014

I have default due date set to today and works ok with that setting
DrFrankBuck

Posted: May 24, 2014

New update today,and I see that the enhancements specifically include this issue being fixed.

I also like that when you add a new task, the keyboard automatically appears rather than having to tap in the entry window.

Nice job, Toodledo!
You cannot reply yet

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.

Toodledo Forums > Questions

Contact Us | Blog | API | Jobs | Press | Documentation | Forums Privacy | Terms | Copyright © 2004-2014