ForumsQuestionsMethodology Presets - can you have multiple?

Methodology Presets - can you have multiple?
4Boosh

Posted: Mar 05, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I use Michael Linenberger's MYN methodology (he's the reason I learned about Toodledo) and love that he has the preset. However there are times when I want to tweak his set up (like to include one additional layer of sorting - like project/file...so that within the High/Med/Low categories and after the tasks in each of those categories are sorted by Start Date, I'd also like each project to be grouped together...

And I'm sure there are other ways I'd like to further customize occasionally.

Also, sometimes I want to search for a task with a future start date...and you can't pull up that task when you have the MYN settings/filters set. So if I cancel the filters back to the stock set up, then I can see all future Starting tasks. And then to go back to the MYN set up, I have to click on the preset housed here: http://www.toodledo.com/systems.php

Couldn't we then make multiple presets so that we can toggle between these templates?

Or maybe I'm totally missing something - I'm a pretty new user and still trying to evaluate how to best utilize Toodledo vs. Outlook, etc.

Thanks in advance!
Wayne T.

Score: 1 Reference
If you are using Toodledo online (vs a mobile app) each view (Main, Folders, Search, etc.) saves the filter settings. When you are on the Search view you can show future tasks and it will remember the setting, so when you visit the other views future tasks can still be hidden.

Michael Linenberger's methodology is also why I (currently) use Toodledo. Michael has a very large following. I hope Jake will continue to add more functionality to the Tasks to better support this methodology.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We are considering having several different present configurations for Toodledo. This is on our todo list.
4Boosh

Posted by Jake:
We are considering having several different present configurations for Toodledo. This is on our todo list.

Awesome - glad to hear the logic of my comment makes sense. I can envision an easy toggle switch on left or top so that you can have a couple favorite presents that you can consistently use without having to take multiple steps to reset/customize.

Thanks!
johnprince2112

Posted: Mar 07, 2015
I agree. This is a tremendous idea!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.