ForumsQuestionsDeleting old tasks on iPhone

Deleting old tasks on iPhone
cmg7

Posted: Jun 29, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I have just downloaded the iOS Toodledo app from the App store and have been trying to get the website and the iPhone to agree on what old completed tasks I have. The version is 3.2.14 (5031) and the iOS version is 8.3 (12F70).

After several attempts at getting rid of old tasks, I decided to purge all the data from the iOS app and then force synchronization from Toodledo to the device. The purging seemed to go well and the Task home screen told me there were no tasks. Then I synchronized from Toodledo to the iPhone. Again all seemed to go well with no error messages. When I looked at the 'All Tasks' listing on the iPhone I saw several completed tasks from earlier this year - the earliest was in January 2015. This was at least an improvement since the 2014 completed tasks had vanished.

Then I went to the Toodledo website to purge all completed tasks older than one month and the website told me that there were no completed tasks older than one month.

So now I am puzzled. One of the things I have done several times now on the iPhone is to purge data older than one month but this does not remove the remaining old 2015 tasks. How can I delete tasks older than one month on my iPhone? Alternatively, how can I get the website and the iPhone to agree (because then I could force synchronization from Toodledo to the iPhone to get rid of the old data)?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 06, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
The website will show the last 1 week of completed tasks when you have the filters set to show them. Tasks completed more than 1 week ago will be hidden from the task lists, but will be available via our export tools, apps, and via the "advanced search" page. Based on your account settings, old completed tasks will be automatically deleted after a certain period of time.

In the app, it works differently because people can use the app without syncing with Toodledo.com. In the app there is a filter that says "Completed tasks: All, Recent, None". If you select "Recent" it will mimic the website and only show the last 1 week of completed tasks. If you select "All" it will show all completed tasks that exist on the phone. The phone does not have a setting like the website to automatically delete old completed tasks. This is done manually through the settings section. If you sync with the website, then tasks will be deleted from the phone when they are deleted from the website.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.