ForumsQuestionsMYN configuration update for the new Tasks section?

MYN configuration update for the new Tasks section?
RicardoSwe

Posted: May 26, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
I just changed over to trying the Toodledo configuration for Michael Linenberger's MYN task management system. So far so good. Looks like it will definitely help me better with my large task lists. Keeps me focused on just immediate and urgent/high priority tasks.

Two questions and a wish re MYN:

When can/will the "MYN configuration" be updated for the new Tasks look? I think it's already close but I think some parts differ.

How can I get into edit mode for tasks already created, i.e. when I create a new task I think I have more options to choose than with already created tasks where I edit directly on the main task view.

Wish: I'd like to be able to set Alarms with Start Dates. With MYN, due dates are almost never used, and so, as currently setup, Toodledo cannot give me alarms.

Long time user of Toodledo, new subscriber (to support your work) & appreciative user...
Thank you!!
boydston01

Where is this "MYN configuration?"

I found manage your now to be transformative (and the major reason I chose toodledo after leaving ms exchange) when i worked in an environment with constant and fast changing priorities. There was always a stream of new tasks and all were the highest and most urgent tasks. It was really only the passing of time that revealed with tasks were truly most urgent and important.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Here is the link to where you can configure MYN mode. Its just some convenient shortcuts: http://toodledo.com/systems.php

For tasks already created, there isn't really an "edit mode". You just need to click on the thing you want to edit and then it will become editable. Its the same options that you have when creating the task. We don't have alarms on start-dates, but if you don't use the due-date field, you could use that instead and just pretend that is the start-date.
RicardoSwe

Posted: May 27, 2017
Jake --

Thanks for your suggestion about using due dates as if they were start dates -- so as to have alarms.

I went back and looked at the new Tasks layout versus the current layout. The only real difference in the MYN configuration that I can see is the notes icon and trash can icon are moved back to the left side in the new layout. I'm now left wondering how the MYN configuration managed to move them to the right. As I understand Michael Lindenberger's book, they're put to the right since they're less frequently used.

So are there instructions available for moving these two icons "back" to the right side?

Also, one new question --- I'm not sure i'd want to do this, but can the priority "names" be changed to match MYN's, such as "Critical Now" for Priority 2 High and "Opportunity Zone" for Priority 1 Medium. Just curious.

Thanks --
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 31, 2017
It is not currently possible to change the priority names, but you can use tags instead of you want.

Also, under the new tasks design, the notes/trash icons are permanently moved to the left. There open in your account setting to move them to the left/right will only apply to the classic Tasks section. We did this for simplicity and because many people didnt realize that they could add notes to tasks because the note icon was off the right side of the page and they didn't scroll over there.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.