ForumsQuestionsOpen links in a new tab PLEASE

Open links in a new tab PLEASE
Tomes

Posted: Aug 02, 2018
Score: 2 Reference
This has come up numerous times in the past. Please allow hyperlinks to open up in a new tab. I don't know ANYONE who wants to replace the current browser window of your Toodledo tasks with the page you are going to.

YES, you have to change the default behavior for everyone, however many websites and webtools out there already do this. Sure, work on a setting somewhere where you can change that behavior, BUT PLEASE CHANGE THE DEFAULT, it is the way most people use the product.

In other news: Maybe have a enhancement request area that doesn't close the topic due to age after a few months, so people can up-vote this. I understand that aren't too many votes on this feature, but the community is small and there isn't a persistent place to find this enhancement. Each time I look it up I get some other old, outdated, closed thread, so voting on those is useless and trying to comment there impossible.

Cheers

p.s. I LOVE your product and service otherwise, but this an annoyance for me on a daily basis. Yes, I know you can middle-click, and right-click and say "open in a new tab", but the accidental click occurs, and moves you from the page, and I NEVER want that to happen, it's just poor design.

This message was edited Aug 02, 2018.
Olivir2018

Posted: Aug 03, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
My hyperlinks in task note field do open in another tab. Chrome browser. Also, if you have mouse with wheel/middle button, you can click any link with that and it will also open in a new tab.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.