ForumsQuestionsWant to come back to Toodledo but.....

Want to come back to Toodledo but.....
carlmoccia

Posted: Oct 31, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,

I was a former regular user of Toodledo but left a couple of years ago and am now using TickTick. I'm considering coming back as a premium subscriber, but have a couple of questions that I just cannot figure out and was hoping some brave person could potentially answer all 3 of these questions!

1. I created folders in Toodledo and sorted them exactly the way I want them on the website, but they are not in the same order on the app - is there any way to correct this?

2. Recurring tasks - I have read the instructions and understand this CAN be done, but for the life of me have not been able to figure out how to do it!

3. Gmail integration - is there a way I can take an e-mail in Gmail and turn it into a task?

Thanks so much and sorry for all the question!
J. O. D.

Posted: Nov 01, 2018
Hi, I can try answering some of your questions:

2. Do you have Repeat field enabled in Profile and Settings/General Settings/Tasks/Fields/Functions Used? In Grid view, you should see a Repeat column

3. By forwarding an e-mail to Toodledo' (see Profile picture/More/E-mail Access), but this will be available to higher paid plans starting January, or by using IFTTT integration (the same, but probably for lower subscription plans too, just not the Free plan)

I hope this helps you a bit.

Cheers, Jan

Posted by carlmoccia:
Hello,

I was a former regular user of Toodledo but left a couple of years ago and am now using TickTick. I'm considering coming back as a premium subscriber, but have a couple of questions that I just cannot figure out and was hoping some brave person could potentially answer all 3 of these questions!

1. I created folders in Toodledo and sorted them exactly the way I want them on the website, but they are not in the same order on the app - is there any way to correct this?

2. Recurring tasks - I have read the instructions and understand this CAN be done, but for the life of me have not been able to figure out how to do it!

3. Gmail integration - is there a way I can take an e-mail in Gmail and turn it into a task?

Thanks so much and sorry for all the question!
shelbyp

For point 3, IFTTT is the way to go. Unfortunately in it's current state it is not reliable, I regularly lose tasks which should have been created from gmail. It works sometimes/most of the time but definitely not all of the time or 99% of the time. I can't risk my task list on IFTTT for the moment.

I raised the topic a few days ago in the forum. IT was relatively easy for me to reproduce the IFTTT failing scenario.
J. O. D.

Could you create a support ticket for that? I would guess it s a better way for the team to track such issues (and at least there would be some certified acknowledgement). Just my suggestion, of course.

Posted by shelbyp:
For point 3, IFTTT is the way to go. Unfortunately in it's current state it is not reliable, I regularly lose tasks which should have been created from gmail. It works sometimes/most of the time but definitely not all of the time or 99% of the time. I can't risk my task list on IFTTT for the moment.

I raised the topic a few days ago in the forum. IT was relatively easy for me to reproduce the IFTTT failing scenario.
martingchapman

Posted: Nov 02, 2018
Score: 2 Reference

I use the "Add to toodledo" Chrome extension.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/add-to-toodledo/hdmhiihcenipfdlmkdlhmgijjimlpkim?hl=en
J. O. D.

Posted: Nov 02, 2018
And I am using it to add webpages to further examine them later. Interesting, that it also works for Gmail.

Posted by martingchapman:

I use the "Add to toodledo" Chrome extension.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/add-to-toodledo/hdmhiihcenipfdlmkdlhmgijjimlpkim?hl=en
J. O. D.

Posted: Nov 03, 2018
On Internet Explorer, that was the only solution and worked.

Posted by DrFrankBuck:
Take a look at the Toodledo bookmarklet. So easy to use and will turn anything with a URL into a task.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.