ForumsQuestionsAndroid Crash

Android Crash
barryli

Posted: Apr 11, 2022
Score: 1 Reference
The Android App crashes pretty much when anything is done other than simply opening the app. I can't click on a task or add new tasks. I've cleared out the storage, uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.

I'm running the latest version of the app however I can't do an About as it crashes.

I'm on a Pixel 6 Pro running Android 12 with the March 5, 2022 security update.
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Apr 11, 2022
Score: 0 Reference
Barry,

Please have a look here

www.toodledo.com/forums/1/28617/0/early-sneak-peek-into-next-generation-iosandroid-app-betas.html

This message was edited Apr 12, 2022.
barryli

Posted: Apr 16, 2022
It seems like a very early beta and is described as having very limited task functionality. I just need something on my phone that lets me add or view a simple task without crashing. Something must have changed in Android that is now causing the crash.

Due to the relative infancy of the new stuff it would be nice if the older apps could receive a patch. If not they should more than likely be pulled as they do not work for anything other than viewing the task list ... as long as you're careful not to click on anything.
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Apr 18, 2022
Score: -1 Reference
barryli,

We encourage you to at least try the new version.
It is very stable and has caused so far no data loss or crashes for over 1000 sessions.
Unfortunately, it is not as easy as we imagined to patch the existing Android version due to restrictions with the playstore.
barryli

Posted: Apr 21, 2022
I tried out the fix for the legacy app today. I'm afraid it's not much better. While I can now see a task's details it crashes on every sync.

I've loaded the beta of the new app ... so far so good.
Doug Bain

Posted: May 07, 2022
Score: 1 Reference
Sending us to the Beta is not a solution. It doesn't sync all my tasks and doesn't support the folders, contexts, notes and tags that the old one did. Not enough to support GTD methodology, which was the whole point and an advertised capability of ToodleDo. Meanwhile, the old one crashes on any action: adding a task, searching, sorting, etc. Please invest in patching the old app until the new one is ready. I'm facing the very sad choice of having to abandon ToodleDo altogether.
martingchapman

Posted: May 08, 2022
Doug,
Before you abandon Toodledo take a look at Ultimate To-Do List here;

https://www.todolist.co/

This is a third party Android app that links directly to Toodledo.
You can try it free for two weeks and if you like it unlock it for just $5.00
It should sync all your tasks and supports folders, contexts, notes and tags. plus lots of other features.

I have used it for years, I have no link to them other than as a satisfied customer.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.