ForumsQuestionsHow to delete multiple tasks at the same time?

How to delete multiple tasks at the same time?
Bill Bowers

Posted: Aug 03, 2022
Score: 0 Reference
How can I delete multiple tasks at the same time?
Jim_Lewis

Posted: Aug 03, 2022
Score: 1 Reference
If those tasks all share something in common, in the web interface on a desktop computer or a smartphone, the very powerful Batch Edit This List allows you to delete or otherwise perform many other operations on a group of tasks. That command is available from the V icon in the upper right of a browser screen just to the right of the Sorting icons. You can perform Batch Edits on the results of a Search. That allows you to select for editing multiple tasks that all meet the same criteria. I have a number of daily recurring items. When I complete them, a new copy is generated for tomorrow but I have the completed version of the same tasks for today. ~All such tasks that are daily recurring are tagged with Astrid, Zap. So I search for items that are COMPLETED and have the tags Astrid, Zap. Then I use Batch Edit to delete them all. And for any daily recurring tasks that I haven't completed, I do a similar search for uncompleted daily recurring tasks, then use Batch Edit to change the Start Date and the Due Date to tomorrow, then pick Save Changes.

That's one of the reasons I've been a Toodledo subscriber for many years. Just that awesome power.

P.S. to Toodledo owners. One of the reasons I don't use either the new or old version of the Toodledo smartphone app either for iOS or Android is that Batch Edit This List isn't available in the smartphone apps. Please add that powerful feature (AIA if it's already there and I just haven't found it!).

This message was edited Aug 03, 2022.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.