ForumsQuestionsUpgrading my subscription

Upgrading my subscription
M

Posted: Jun 30, 2023
Score: 0 Reference
'I have been using Toodledo for ... well, I guess I don't know how long, but a very, VERY long time.

When Jake (founder) announced he was selling, I first hoped that the new buyers (Pink Java) would be able to attack some of the roadmap/feature requests that Jake hadn't been able to get to. Eventually, I just hoped that they wouldn't kill the app.

When I heard that Pink Java had moved on and "the new team" (in 2021) had moved in, I was again optimistic - but, "once bitten, twice shy," I was extremely cautious about being too dependent on the app, now. I had already developed my own tasks database in Excel and a method for getting the tasks to my preferred front-end app that did NOT rely on Toodledo, due to the experience with Pink Java.

Eventually, seeing that "the new team" was going to communicate with users and was doing work to further development, I started using Toodledo again - but still not relying on it. I use Toodledo as a "backup backend" to my tasks database and as a web frontend, occasionally. I have stuck, due to my trepidation about its future, to a free subscription while I see how "the new team" handles requests from users.

I am not nearly as active on the forums, so it may be that I'm missing some communications. But I have, in the back of my mind, comments that Jake made ages ago about the core technology of Toodledo maybe being outdated and needing a rewrite (to be fair, those comments may have been in response to specific feature requests, but they've stuck with me).

I've gotten a request from "the new team" to consider upgrading my subscription. My loyalty to this platform makes me want to do that - IF I think that Toodledo is here for the long run and IF it continues to be the easy-to-use-and-insanely-flexible product that it has been for a long time.
greginfla_

Posted: Jul 24, 2023
just posted a similar question...... I had such high hopes for the new owners. Can't believe it has been a month since your post and one has replied; another user or employee
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Jul 27, 2023
Hi there,

I believe you are not on our mailing list to receive the latest updates.
Pasting the last newsletter for your reference:

Hello there,
We hope this newsletter finds you productive and enthusiastic. We are thrilled to inform you about our latest update of Toodledo's next-generation iOS mobile app, packed with extraordinary features that we're sure will take your productivity and task management to the next level.

1️⃣ **Hey Siri, Remind me**
You asked, and we listened! Now, you can enjoy Siri on your iOS devices. This feature allows you to swiftly add tasks to your Toodledo list using voice commands. Just say, "Hey Siri, Remind me," and your virtual assistant will handle the rest. No more fumbling for your phone or stopping in the middle of a task. Now, your productivity can truly be hands-free and effortless.
(Note: this function imports Apple reminders; please enable it in settings)

2️⃣ **Batch Edit with Multi-Select**
Streamline your productivity with our new Multi-Select/Batch Edit feature. Now, you can select multiple tasks at once and edit them all simultaneously. Want to move a group of tasks to a different priority level or due date? No problem! With this update, bulk editing is as simple as a few taps.

3️⃣ **Share to Toodledo Directly from iOS**
Toodledo now leverages the powerful "Share" button in iOS, letting you add tasks to your list directly from a text or URL. Found an interesting article you want to read later? Just hit "share" and add it to your Toodledo list. This new addition is designed to make capturing and organizing your tasks, ideas, and to-dos simpler and faster than ever before.

If you are already using the next-generation mobile app please make sure you are on build version 24. If not, then please update via Testflight or install via the following link: Next generation mobile App

We are constantly working towards making Toodledo more intuitive, efficient, and handy for you. We believe that these latest updates will significantly boost your productivity, allowing you to manage your tasks more effectively.
Remember, the key to your productivity lies within Toodledo. If you have any questions about our new features or need assistance with anything else, our dedicated support team is always here to help.

We would love for you to share your Toodledo enthusiasm with your social network!
Please use Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, or any other social channel you currently use! Feel free to tag us too ;-)

Btw did you know if you have been using toodledo.com/tasks you have been using the legacy version of the website. All the changes to the desktop website have gone to tasks.toodledo.com. To make sure you are using the latest Task overview settings: Click the link and use the drop-down to adjust your basic settings: Task Section version to: new)

Keep accomplishing great things with Toodledo!
Best Regards,

Your Toodledo Team
Pamela, David, and Hasnain
---------------------------------
Toodledo.com | Enhance Your Productivity
---------------------------------
M

Posted: Jul 29, 2023
Thank you for responding. I *do* get the newsletters. The most recent efforts seem focused on the mobile apps. I am hopeful for a mobile app that will do nearly everything that the website can do. My greatest concern is the stability of the foundation of Toodledo, and the viability of this product continuing long-term, at the same affordable cost to end users. I'm hanging around to see what happens - just not putting all my eggs in the basket ... yet.
M

Posted: Oct 10, 2023
And - again - I've received an email asking me, because I'm a long-time user (and one-time long-time subscriber) to "upgrade" to a paid subscription.

But my concerns about the stability/viability of Toodledo haven't REALLY been addressed. Everything I've seen points toward mobile app development.

My fears when Toodledo's development went neglected made me move to an "open" platform method of tracking my tasks. I hesitate to leave that behind if Toodledo is not going to survive.

And, yes, I get the irony of my holding pack on a paid subscription while I worry about the app's survival. But I paid in for a LONG time, and just want some assurance that the team is in this for the long-haul.
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Oct 11, 2023
Posted by M:
And - again - I've received an email asking me, because I'm a long-time user (and one-time long-time subscriber) to "upgrade" to a paid subscription.

But my concerns about the stability/viability of Toodledo haven't REALLY been addressed. Everything I've seen points toward mobile app development.

My fears when Toodledo's development went neglected made me move to an "open" platform method of tracking my tasks. I hesitate to leave that behind if Toodledo is not going to survive.

And, yes, I get the irony of my holding pack on a paid subscription while I worry about the app's survival. But I paid in for a LONG time, and just want some assurance that the team is in this for the long-haul.

Hi M,

Toodledo is being run by a team of owner operators dedicated to and focused on Toodledo, who -- yes -- are here for the long haul!
There's no external investor or big corporation holding this (and potentially overlooking Toodledo) as just one company/effort of many in some large portfolio of investments, etc.

Regardless of whether individuals happen to be using the tool as a "backup" or not, Toodledo does incur ongoing costs even for those using any of the functionality you've been using. (And of course needs sources of money of some sort to cover these!)
While we haven't looked for previous comments on this from prior owners that you're referring to: yes, you're correct in your earlier message's mention that there are codebase maintenance requirements.
There *are* ever-evolving requirements from Apple or Google with the SDK and API versions they require (and they of course make breaking changes on new iOS and Android versions if you don't keep not sitting on a sufficiently recent version), and behind the backend that users don't see, support and patches for backend technologies or at least specific versions get deprecated. There are also hosting costs, developing and iterating on the apps, providing support (and monitoring these forums you're posting on!), etc...

We definitely do invite free users (especially long time free users!) to upgrade to a paid subscription to help support the foundation of Toodledo that they're using. (The price of a single month is less than the cost of a single drop-by into a coffee shop!)
signup1917

Posted: Oct 21, 2023
Score: 1 Reference
I have been a long-time subscriber and I just paid to upgrade my wife as well. A few years back, when it appeared we could lose Toodledo (before the new owners thankfully bought the company), I looked for a new solution and determined that none work near as well as Toodledo. I was overjoyed, as many of us long-time users were that Toodledo lived on. I really couldn't imagine life without it.

And yes, there are problems, glitches and things that need to be worked out but that happens with most apps, ask users of Clickup how their upgrade experience has been. With that said I hope folks who use Toodledo and see the value in this simple beautiful app consider upgrading. $3.99 is equivalent to a slice of pizza or one gallon of gas here in PA. I can't even get Starbucks for that price. So please, if you can swing it, consider upgrading. Thank you for hearing me out.
greginfla_

Posted: Oct 30, 2023
Just curious, why did you go to newsletter only for the only option to see updates? I think I have signed up for the newsletter, but don't remember seeing any emails (could be locked in spam). Posting the in news update forum, we could see all the current and historical updates.

Thank you for the communication
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.