ForumsQuestionsImporting Apple's Reminders into Toodledo

Importing Apple's Reminders into Toodledo
Fred_Foote

Posted: Sep 20, 2023
Score: 2 Reference
This is such a great idea -- love it. But when Toodledo imports Reminders (and then deletes them from the Reminders App, which is also great), they come into Toodledo naked as a baby. Can they please import into Toodledo with the same default values (length, priority, tag -- I forget them all) as when tasks are emailed to Toodledo? That would save me so much time.
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Sep 25, 2023
Score: 2 Reference
Thanks for the message! This change will be in our next release later this week.
mlb32704

Posted: Sep 27, 2023
Score: 0 Reference
We had this functionality before, what happened? Reminder syncing is all messed up right now, for both the legacy and next gen beta iOS apps. I used to simply tell Siri to add a reminder, then Apple Reminders added it to Toodledo, and it defaulted to “today” as due date and “01” as a tag. Now it doesn’t consistently add tasks through Siri/Reminders to Toodledo, and if it does work, it adds it to the very bottom of a list of hundreds of tasks, with no due date, no tag, nothing. Naked as the OP described. This worked fine, what happened? You say that you’ll be including this in the next release, is that for both legacy and next gen? When? I’ve been using this particular function for years without issue. Why would you suddenly remove it?

FYI, in many US States like mine, hands free cell operation is the law, by taking this functionality away, you are forcing us to go back to manually inputting tasks into Toodledo, which is an unacceptable solution while driving. Please fix this one ASAP, thanks.

This message was edited Sep 27, 2023.
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Hi mlb32704,

As mentioned by Pamela, this will be coming with the next update shortly. We will take your detailed description into account.
Again, as mentioned in previous threads, please consider downloading the next-generation app. The legacy app will be replaced in the future (as soon as the next-generation app has the same functionalities as the legacy app).

For us, it is more helpful to file support tickets in order to get this in our cue rather than screening the forums for issues.
The forums are meant to crowdsource knowledge where the community can share their best practices & knowledge ;-)

Again, we are very thankful for any constructive feedback!

Thanks!
mlb32704

Score: 1 Reference
I have submitted several support tickets, and received pretty standard responses along the lines of, install the new beta, that's pretty much it.

I will continue to submit support tickets instead of posting here per your request, hopefully the responses will be more specific and robust.

FYI, I am not installing ANY more Toodledo beta applications. I will wait somewhat patiently for fixed/new production versions of the legacy and next gen apps respectively. I can't speak for the rest of the Toodledo user base but I don't have the time to test your applications for you. Moreover, I've submitted a ton of feedback through Testflight already and received ZERO responses other than, have you tried installing the new next gen app? :)

I look forward to a next gen app that includes EVERYTHING in the legacy app, at a minimum. And a legacy app that doesn't crash and syncs everything correctly.
Fred_Foote

Posted: Oct 02, 2023
Nice job. I needed to reinstall the program from TestFlight to get the new version but then it worked, once I went into Settings. Everything came over with correct default values except for the Tag. I've not fiddled to try and change Tags or anything but you might have a programmer take a look to see if the Tag default was overlooked.

Thanks so much for this. Great fix!
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Oct 10, 2023
Thanks, Fred, we'll look into why the Tag default isn't being added.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.