ForumsQuestionsiPhone app quits unexpectedly.

iPhone app quits unexpectedly.
grainger

Posted: Sep 25, 2023
Score: 1 Reference
The title. I’m using ver 3.4.1 (iPhone XR) and just a couple of days ago it started. I edit a task or create a new one. I select the due date or I finish my edit and the app just quits. When get it back (no problem there) the changes I made have gone through, but I t’s very frustrating. Anybody else with this problem?
mlb32704

Posted: Sep 25, 2023
Score: 0 Reference
Did you upgrade iOS to 17? If yes, I have a separate post on this, you can see it in this same forum category. The Admin offers up a couple of options, basically they’ve patched the current “legacy app” and they’re asking us to consider moving to the new “next gen” app. Neither of these solutions are working 100% but the app doesn’t quit on me anymore :) Good luck.
SnowLeopard

Posted: Sep 26, 2023
Yes, this is happening to me too. I am on iOS 17 on an iPhone 11 Pro using Toodledo v.3.4.1 (5649). I really rather not install betas and Test Flight, or run two Toodledo apps simultaneously. I'll wait for the new official version. Wishing much success to the developers in this regard because I absolutely love Toodledo.

This message was edited Sep 26, 2023.
mlb32704

I have both betas installed with TestFlight on my iPhone 12 and iPad 8G, and the functionality and look and feel of the legacy app is still way better than the next gen app, sorry. I will say that I am having nothing but issues with the beta legacy app, while the beta next gen app works OK, a couple of blips here and there, but nothing on the scale of issues that I’m having with the beta legacy app. I’m wondering if this is somewhat intentional, and that Toodledo is not putting the necessary time, effort, and resources into fixing legacy app issues, because they’re focused on next gen and trying to force everyone to move to the new app. Understandable, but not exactly ethical. In the mean time, I have been troubleshooting, reinstalling, submitting beta feedback and the like for days now, with no improvement. My top app for productivity has actually hurt my productivity, go figure. Thank goodness that the desktop version still works OK, hopefully they’ll leave that one alone until both the legacy and next gen iOS apps are stable and move from beta to production.

warrenguate

Since the iPhone update the app keeps crashing. Can’t believe there is no fix and addressing the issue. You are going to lose your members! We use the app all day. It’s frustrating. Send a fix to everybody urgently
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Dear Community,

Before starting new threads we strongly recommend to take a second a check if a similar thread has been started.

We provided a fix already for this. Please check here:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/28947/0/issue-with-ios-1701-update.html
mlb32704

Hasnain, with all due respect, people are always going to post multiple threads on similar issues. You can try to get users to review threads before posting, or automate the forum process like some other companies where they run some sort of Boolean search on what you’re attempting to post, show other similar threads, then ask them if they still want to post it. But I wouldn’t be getting upset about loyal users conveying the same major issues to you in multiple threads.

The bigger issue here is that your legacy app fix doesn’t work right. Yeah, it might have stopped some of the outright crashing, but not all of it, it’s still crashing on me, most of the time out of the blue for no reason whatsoever. Moreover, I have been submitting crash report after crash report on that beta legacy fix for other issues that the original legacy app never had. Tasks aren’t syncing, tasks can’t be deleted, tasks can’t be moved, my task list isn’t consistent between devices, notes aren’t syncing correctly, etc etc. Ironically the next gen app is working OK, so while that is somewhat stable, maybe you can apply some resources on your end to fix the legacy app fix that isn’t working correctly. Which would have the added benefit of less users posting multiple threads on this same subject.

You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.