ForumsQuestionsIE stopped recognizing valid credentials

IE stopped recognizing valid credentials
ricej2

Posted: Nov 07, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
When I try to log in via IE, the toodledo site thinks, then dumps me back to the logon screen. If I use the same username/password on another machine, it works fine. If I use the same username/password in firefox or safari, it works fine. It used to work under IE on this machine. I deleted all cookies, etc, and it still did not work. Oddly, the Chromatic Dragon sync software does not want to log in either. The Toodledo website under IE still does not validate credentials with syncapp uninstalled.

Can you please point me to an FAQ or troubleshooting checklist for this issue.

Thanks, Josh

Vista SP2
IE 8.0.6001.18828
Anders

Posted: Nov 07, 2009
Unfortunately, that is a very unique issue, and there really is no FAQ for something like that. I would first check to make sure that Toodledo.com is allowed to store cookies by IE (this is necessary for the login to be successful. If that doesn't work, it may unfortunately be something more complicated.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 09, 2009
It sounds to me like your IE browser has a problem with cookies, which are required for login. This may be a settings issue, or it may be a bad plugin, or a virus on your computer, or any number of other things. My suggestion would be what Anders said, check the cookie settings and make sure cookies are allowed to be set from Toodledo.

As for Chromatic Dragon, I can't speak to this since we didn't make that application. You can try contacting the developer at http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/Default.aspx
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.