ForumsQuestionsDate window

Date window
Stefan

Posted: Mar 02, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

maybe I belong to the minority of users who prefer using the tabulator key instead of the mouse.

Now, if I jump to date field (using tabs) it's necessary to use the mouse unless you want to type the whole date. So whe I take the mouse to move to the newly opened date window, this window very often closes before I could reach it. Seems that the application recognizes that the mouse-cursor is out of the window and thus closes it.

Also when moving out of the window accidentialy the window immediately closes.

Couldn't you make some extra time (1-2 seconds) and/or extra border to avoid this.

Additionally, it would be fine if you could provide some shortcuts in the date field. e.g. entering 15 would select the next upcoming 15th, or even entering "sun" selects the next upcoming sunday... this would help a lot.

regards, Stefan
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 02, 2010
Thanks for the suggestions. We just implemented a fraction of a second delay, so that moving the mouse out of the popup calendar briefly will not cause it to vanish immediately.

Also, you should know that it does recognize certain text shortcuts, like "today", "tomorrow", "next friday", etc.
Transisto

Posted: Mar 03, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
yes, extra border or whatever layout that would not put the hours field ~6 pixel beside the right border,

Especially beside the hours field, it's a reflex to move the mouse away to the right when going from mouse to keyboard to see what I type.

BTW, This is the only field I type into.

Played with possible layout and ended up with.

[Due By] |_| Remind me |___| before
DATE ______ HOURS _____ (SPACE*******)

Calendar ECT ,,,

could put repeat field or something else than the 1st 7 quick date, as I think that's easier chosen from the calendar, Also Make NO DATE bigger / bold

Hope that can help, for future design
Transisto

Posted: Mar 13, 2010
The main problem with the time field is that I must select the text (usually from left to right) to be able to edit it.

It is near impossible to do that fast without going out of the box thus closing the windows.

If you could make it so that when we click in, it select the whole text, that would do.

This message was edited Mar 13, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 15, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion. In the meantime, try double clicking the current time, which should select the whole thing. Or command+A will select all.
Transisto

Posted: Mar 17, 2010
Nice it works, (I needed to triple click)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.