Unread posts

Announcement

Forums > Questions

Repeating tasks and reminders

AuthorMessage
steve.fosdick

Posted: Aug 31, 2010
Score: 0

I am having trouble with a particular repeating task.

Ideally this task is done some time on Sunday evening though the exact time is not important and it is not a disaster if it overruns into Monday, hence the repeating task rather than a calendar entry.

I can set the task with a start date/time and due date/time which means it appears in my task list at the right time and with a reminder set some time before the due time which then reminds me at a good time. I can also set this to repeat weekly.

The problem comes when, for some reason, I am prevented from doing the task on Sunday evening and it has to be done on Monday instead. If I change the due date/time in order to get re-reminded some time on Monday this new date/time is used for the next task in the repeating series once I complete the current task which is not what I want.

As an alternative I can set the task to repeat "Every Sunday" but this seems to fix the time component of the start and due date/time to 1200 which is also not what I want.

Is there any way to say repeat "Every Sunday at 18:00" or some such thing? I tried that but it didn't seem to work but maybe I have just got the wording wrong. Is there any other way to do what I am trying to do?
Jake

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Aug 31, 2010
Score: 0

You can have it repeat "Every Sunday" by using the advanced repeating option, but there isn't a way to have the time for the next task to be different from the previous task. If you are changing the times to get re-reminders, then the newest time you pick will be what is kept for the next version of the task. We don't yet have a way to make an edit to a repeating task that only applies to that instance of the repeat. All edits affect all versions of the repeating task.
You cannot reply yet

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.

Toodledo Forums > Questions

Contact Us | Blog | API | Jobs | Press | Documentation | Forums Privacy | Terms | Copyright © 2004-2014