ForumsQuestionsFeature requests for Scheduler

Feature requests for Scheduler
joe

Posted: Oct 19, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
There are a couple of things that I would like to see on the scheduler:

1) More filtering options besides folder and context. Most importantly, I would LOVE to be able to select "starred tasks only".

2) I would like to see a button on the results list that says "Defer until...". Sometimes I simply can't complete a task right now (i.e. I need call a company that has already closed for the day). I'd like to be able to tell it not to schedule that task for me until tomorrow. It would be great if you could do this for a time also. Lets say there's a task that can't be completed until after lunch. I'd like to be able to defer it until a specified time later that day. I though of just changing the Status to "waiting", but the problem is that it doesn't change back automatically. I have to remember to change the Status back later, which I may forget to do.

-Joe
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 19, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion.
GS

Posted: Jan 06, 2009
I like both suggestions by joe very much. His 2nd suggestion for a "Defer until..." button is very high on my wish list. I have called it a "Postpone" button in a previous suggestion.

Yes, scheduler would be more valuable and usable if you can schedule from hot list or statuses like (Next Action). I hardly use it because I cannot pull from more than one folder. Another option would be to allow selection of more than one folder instead of only one as it is now.
Jeremy

Posted: Feb 13, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
I use saved searches for everything. I don't bother with any of the other views. So being able to run the scheduler against one of my saved searches would be great.

As is, the scheduler isn't that valuable for me because it doesn't take into account what context I'm in. I use tags for context.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 13, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.