ForumsQuestionsNested tasks - my standard workaround fails - allowed character?

Nested tasks - my standard workaround fails - allowed character?
paul

Posted: Sep 16, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I think I've understood that subtasks are a one-level feature. This I definitely didn't realise before upgrading. I'm not that technical but I can't imagine it's that complicated to extend the existing sub-task feature.

Anyway, I've experienced similar problems before and in those, and other contexts, I use the pipe character (|) to separate text. So if I want three task levels I can omit the intended first-level task by naming the actual first-level tasks (i.e. the intended second-level tasks) something like "Website | Structure" and "Website | Content". I intended to have "Website" as a first level task, "structure" and "content" as second-level tasks and many small, third-level tasks within those.

Unfortunately I've been foiled - it appears the pipe character is not allowed (my task names just appear without them). What characters are allowed in task names?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 16, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
The pipe characters it the only disallowed character in task titles for historical technical reasons. You could use a - or : instead.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.