ForumsQuestionsManaging comleted tasks

Managing comleted tasks
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted: Oct 27, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I have a pro account, and will frequently browse/search through completed tasks to review notes. I use the completed tasks as my archive of data for a given project.

I'm not yet completely familiar with how Toodledo handles activities that I used to do in Outlook. For instance, I would have expected to be able to use virtually any task view in Toodledo to browse completed tasks. Spefically, when viewing "All Tasks" by folder I am used to being able to allow Outlook to show completed tasks in that view. I would then review or search the tasks to find what I was looking for.

How does Toodledo handle older, completed tasks? Do they go to a special folder that I need to search independantly? How would you recommend accomplishing my activity above as a Toodledo user?

So far I've been able to find my old tasks when I've needed to, but it's requrired some non-intuitive stumbling around and searching on my part. Can you point me to an overview or outline the basics?

Thanks,

Brian
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 31, 2008
Completed tasks are saved and can be viewed in several ways. You could turn off the "Hide Recently Completed" filter and this would show all of the tasks you completed in the last week, mixed in with all the other tasks.

If you want to see older tasks you could click on the "History" link, or you could go to the Search section and search for specific tasks.

Hope that helps
alfred+toodledo

Posted: Nov 10, 2008
Score: 1 Reference
it would be nice to also have a "Show ALL Completed Tasks" functionality than either having to use "History" or "Recently Completed."

dont you think so?

if there is a way aside from this - please advise.

thanks!!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 10, 2008
You could do a search for completed tasks.

The reason we don't have a "Show all completed tasks" is because this could be a lot of tasks (I have several thousand completed tasks that would take a long time to load) and for the most part, people only care about recently completed tasks.
Jeff Thomson

Posted: May 10, 2009
Score: 3 Reference
I'd like to second the request for a "Show all completed tasks" filter.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.