ForumsQuestionsSetting the start date for repeating tasks & subtasks

Setting the start date for repeating tasks & subtasks
wordsmith

Posted: Oct 31, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I can't seem to get my repeating tasks to start on the days I specify. If I want the task (and accompanying subtasks) to repeat every Tuesday, for example, I've put "Every Tuesday" in the repeating field under advanced options but it still starts on Sundays and I have to go in any manually change it every week. I have a number of other tasks that do the same thing; start on a day a few days before what I've put in the field. And it doesn't re-start from the completion or due date (those are usually a few days earlier since most of these tasks are only a few days in length). I'm not sure what effect those options may or may not have on this problem.

So bottom line question... if I have a task that I'd like to start every Tuesday and be due 2 days later, how do I set that up?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 01, 2010
I just tested this by giving a task a due-date on tuesday and setting it to repeat every tuesday. When I completed it, it went to the following tuesday, as it should. I think it might be that you are using start-dates instead of due-dates. Repeating tasks are always rescheduled based on the due-date.
wordsmith

Posted: Nov 02, 2010
Thank you! That's exactly what I was doing wrong.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.