ForumsQuestionsemail creates double tasks

email creates double tasks
scott

Posted: Nov 02, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
When I send a task via email, Toodledo creates 2 tasks (or re-incarnates an old one, not sure).

History:
I have a nightly cron job that queries our crm system for my sales calls that are due the next day.
The results of that query are then sent via email to my toodledo account.
The subject I used to use was something like "leads: next steps" along with the # and + and !! and @ settings.

This worked fine for a while. Then, I started getting doubles. It took me a while to notice that they were not in fact doubles, but one was a previous one that somehow came back to life. So, in an effort to straighten this out, I actually put the date in the subject (so I could easily see which task was for which day).

Now, I get two tasks, one for today (for real with todays data inside) and another that has yesterdays data with todays date in the subject.

We have confirmed from the sendmail logs on our server that only one email was sent last night - yet I now have 2 tasks.

Is Toodledo caching previously deleted tasks? I don't always mark them complete, sometimes I just delete them.

Help ?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 02, 2010
I dont know what could cause this. Can you please look at the modification date and creation date of the tasks in question and see if that provides a clue about when they are added/edited.
scott

Posted: Nov 03, 2010
The modification date and creation date are both today (it happened again last night) - yet the contents of one of the copies was from a few days ago (yet now the subject has changed...)

i'm very confused.

even if the emails were left out there and processed on a second night, the subject/title of the task should still be what it was when it came in (since i now put a date in my subject to differentiate them).

So, I am concluding that there is something in the toodledo email processor that is causing this.

Is there any way to check the logs of the email processor to see what it did? My cron runs at around 4:00 am eastern.

Thanks for your help
Scott
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 03, 2010
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
scott

Posted: Nov 09, 2010
Tried to say Thanks in the support ticket, but it didn't let me.

Problem resolved - we had a secondary server that was running a copy of our cron job that was sending the emails.

Thanks for the help Toodledo!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.