ForumsQuestionsHow to change Toodledo Calendar's Color on the iPhone?

How to change Toodledo Calendar's Color on the iPhone?
tanga

Posted: Nov 07, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I'm using iCal with MobileMe sync. Each of my calendars has a different color and such a difference is replicated on all my Macs and on the iPhone.

Problem: although I set Toodledo calendar to be BLUE in iCal, it is displayed RED on the iPhone.

This is EXTREMELY inconvenient since my main iCal calendars (for events) is RED too.

Any suggestions?

If not, may I suggest Toodledo's developers to pick a different default color for the their calendar.
RED is definitely NOT A GOOD CHOICE for a webdav calendar for the ToDos. RED is generally used for our daily appointments and commitments of all sorts, at least TMHO.
tanga

Nobody here seems to be concerned or to have this problem...

So, question to Toodledo's developers: please let me know:
1. whether you can do something about it or not.
2. or if it's only me and if so, what have I got wrong?

I don't want my todos calendar RED since my main iCal calendar for most important events is RED too (which seems to be the color used by most iCal users for their main iCal calendar as I heard so many times in several podcasts).

Thanks.
PeterW 

@tanga,

A couple of things:

1. Your original post was less than 24 hours ago and given that it is still the weekend in the USA, you probably need to wait just a little longer before Toodledo and/or others see the message and respond.

2. I've seen similar problems with the iPhone and other calendars. My iPhone syncs with a personal MobileMe account and with my work's Exchange server. In MobileMe, I can select the calendar colours and it syncs with my iPhone.

However the iPhone randomly selects a colour for the Exchange calendar - it ignores the colour settings I use in Outlook and there is no way to change the colour on the iPhone. This appears to be the way Apple has designed it.

I have Googled this and see that I am not alone - many have complained about it. The only workaround I know of is to disable the offending calendar in the iPhone settings and then re-enable it. This seems to force the calendar to adopt another colour and if you do this a few times you will see that it seems to cycle through a default set of colours (about 6 I think).

This may or may not apply to the Toodledo calendar synced to iCal, so I am just offering it as a possibility given what I have seen with other calendars.
tanga

Posted: Nov 08, 2010
@PeterW

Thank you very much for your detailed help.

I tried the suggested workaround (disabled and re-enabled about 10 times, waiting for a few minutes between each operation) but it doesn't seem to work, Toodledo calendar remains desperately red.

I'll try it again later and if that's successful I'll keep you informed.

Have a nice day.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 08, 2010
We do not have the ability to pick a color for the calendar on the iPhone. This is Apple's responsibility.
tanga

Posted: Nov 09, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
We do not have the ability to pick a color for the calendar on the iPhone. This is Apple's responsibility.

Thanks for your reply.

Taking into account that "red" is "red", may I suggest you, Toodledo people, tell and COMPLAIN to Apple about it? (You'll probably have more influence than an isolated user like me).

Please let me know whether you have done so.

Remember the Milk calendar is blue. But:
1) Toodledo is not part of Google
2) RTM "premium" support is really CRAP. I strongly advise against purchasing the iPhone client yearly subscription...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.