ForumsQuestionsQuestion about Badge Updates

Question about Badge Updates
goldbean128

Posted: Dec 01, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
One of the reasons I recently purchased the Toodledo iPhone app was the sync functionality. My understanding was that if sync and push were set up correctly on the iPhone (which I believe mine are), the application badge would automatically update whenever tasks are added from any other interface (e.g., web), regardless of whether the iPhone app is active, running in the background, or closed. After playing with the app a bit, though, I am not seeing this functionality.

So, my questions are these: Will the iPhone badge ever automatically update when a task is added from the web interface if the app is closed? If so, how long will it take? Same questions for when the app is running in the background.

Based on my settings, I understand that the app will sync whenever I edit and whenever I open the app, but I don't quite understand why I can't rely on the badge like I do for my email or calendar apps--to reflect the current state of my data. Aside from this issue, I really like the app so far.

Thanks in advance for your response.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, if you have the app setup for remote push notifications then the badge will update to reflect the state of your online account. The badge is updated every few hours, so it isn't an instantaneous thing. We are looking into making this more frequent.
goldbean128

Thanks for the prompt reply. I know more frequent badge updates would really increase usability/value of the app for me, so I appreciate your looking into it.
Rob

Posted: Dec 20, 2010
It seems that, when "client alerts" are turned on no automatic badge-update appears. I have to start the app and then I get an updated badge.

Is there a way to have an updated badge and "client alerts"?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 20, 2010
Currently the badges and alerts are linked, so if you want remote badge updates you also need remote alerts. We are planning to separate these two functions so that you can have local alerts but remote badges.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.