ForumsQuestionsSyncing IPad Tasks with an IPhone

Syncing IPad Tasks with an IPhone
rfsconsulting

Posted: Jan 21, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I downloaded the app to my IPad and populated it with my tasks. How do I now sync the task list on the IPad with my IPhone? The tasks do not aautomatically sync when I sync my two devices.
Purveyor

You can't directly sync your iPad with your iPhone. You sync each device with the Toodledo website.

When you say "populated it with my tasks", it seems that you have already synchronized your iPad with the website by following the instructions here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=101

Are you using the same Toodledo account on both devices?
rfsconsulting

Thanks. I see how it works now. Should I always make my task edits on either device and then sync to the website? What happens if I make a change to a task on the website does the change then sync down to the devices when I sync them to the website? Where can I find documentation that can help me with routine questions like this?
rfsconsulting

Yes I am using the same account for both devices.
Purveyor

Good. You need use the same account if you want both devices to be in sync with each other, but you need to sync each device with the website.

This means that:
1. if you change a task on your iPhone and
2. then you change the same task on your iPad
3. but you don't sync your iPhone with the website before making the change on the iPad,
4. and then you sync your iPad with the website
5. you will lose the changes that you made on your iPhone.

To avoid this problem, set your devices to "Sync on Start/Quit" and "Sync on Edit" by going to Settings, Synchronization.

There's still a slight risk of losing a change if you don't have internet access at the time that you make any changes and at the time that you exit Toodledo on your iPhone or iPad, and you forget to sync later on.

Hope that helps.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.