ForumsQuestionsChange Completion Date

Change Completion Date
David Madone

Posted: Jan 23, 2011
Score: 8 Reference
I can't be the only one that would like to have the option to change the completion on a task or adjust the completion date and time to be other than the time you click the check box. I will often organize my task list in the morning and then set out about day without much time to check back in. If I don't get back to my task list until the next morning then all of my completed tasks for the previous day show a completion date for the wrong day.
I believe that the inability to adjust the completion date makes the program un-reliable for actual documentation purposes in court cases or other critical situations.
Are there plans to add this option in the future?
Would other users find this option useful?
Is there a reason that why you wouldn’t want to be able to adjust the completion date and time?
Thanks for your help and input.
awisdom42

Score: 1 Reference
You're not the only one! I just came here to see if anyone had tips on how to do this because I couldn't find where it was done. It would definitely be a useful feature for me.
Richard_

I third that idea.
Though I don't think I'd ever use it ;)
(my biggest Problem is Archiving the data and the same tasks with the same date are not accepted by google import)
For Court cases, I don't think it is that useful to show a file with a date stamp that you can change yourself :P
piyush_soni

Score: 0 Reference
There was a similar thread before as well and ToodleDo said it's on their To-do list.
PeterW 

Salgud

Posted: Jan 24, 2011
I'm for it, though I agree that if you can change the completion date, it wouldn't have much relevance in a courtroom.
David Madone

Posted: Jan 26, 2011
Posted by PeterW:
[quote]I've asked for this in the past as have many others. Some requests date back more than 3 years, so don't hold your breath!

PeterW - Thanks for the information! I like everything about Toodledo except for the fact that you can't go back and actually document when a task was completed - unless you are right there to click the box when you are done. And...... I guess you are right since we have no response from Toodledo to my original question(s) we shouldn't hold our breath. I would really like to know, from Toodledo, the logic behind not either makeing the completion date changable or not adding a field that could be used as a modifiable - sortable completion field. I think it would make the program better. Toodledo??
achim_1294642533

Posted: Feb 12, 2011
I just want to post a "me too" comment! Still waiting...
PeterW 

Posted: Feb 12, 2011
I was hoping that this would be such a small change (code-wise) that it would be easy for Toodledo to get done and roll out to us. Maybe not?
paranora

Posted: Apr 10, 2011
I would need this feature too!
inksterd

Posted: May 10, 2011
Hear, hear! Yes, for me also. I often "look back" to put in tasks that I did earlier. I completed the task when I finished the work, not when I logged into Toodledo and checked the box. -- I know, I'm repeating what others have said already :-)
S_1307026997

Posted: Jun 02, 2011
Glad I checked this before committing to this application. I like to start my day by checking off things I did yesterday. As I bring repeating tasks into the system, I like to enter the last few times done, so I have a history and the repeat notifications are right.

Off to try another application.
cbloeb

Posted: Jul 18, 2011
Hello Toodledo Developers. Had I realized I could not manually enter my completion date I would not have paid for the Pro version. I will not renew my subscription unless this feature has been implemented. It is critical to me. I'd just as soon go back to my analog planner than not be able to look back and see what I did when.
jameskhaskell

Posted: Aug 04, 2011
I too would greatly appreciate this capability. Regarding court cases, could there be a visible flag that shows whether the completion date/time was "automatically" or "manually" set?
randall.leblanc

Posted: Aug 04, 2011
Manually override a completion date would be great. As a work around I have just been very carefull about using Start Date. For me I have made Start Date to mean the "the work of that day." So I can search on tasks completed on a Start Date, or all completed tasks sorted by Start Date. I do loose the ability to know when I actually started the task, but I found this is not real important for me. I usually leave dated notes in the task if I work on it but not complete it in a day. This way I can document my progress.
gzon1

Posted: Aug 06, 2011
yes please
philip

Posted: Aug 30, 2011
Can I add my voice to ask for this feature. To set the completed date, is vital to me to use Tooledo to properly manage my tasks.
topcattcw

Posted: Sep 01, 2011
Yes.. This one should get a high priority!
bigbytetech

Posted: Nov 15, 2011
Could you guys please just get this DONE!
David Madone

Posted: Dec 29, 2011
Score: 3 Reference
Okay, so I have used this for a year now and will probably renew my pro subscription. I do understand a few reasons for a static completion date and have lived with it for a year and accept it.

To make everyone happy you could simply add 1 item to the system. Rename your static completion date "Check Off Date" and add a changable "Completion Date." This would be helpful in a couple of ways ... gives us the ability to correctly note when we completed a task and would also show how many days behind someone is in updating their tasks.

I think that would be helpful.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.