ForumsQuestionsI am a newbie

I am a newbie
peter.vp_1295710754

Posted: Mar 01, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Where can I find a good, detailed, description of how to use Toodledo and optionaly Ultimate ToDo List with it?
thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 01, 2011
Our help section is here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/index.php

Ultimate ToDo List is a 3rd party app, so you'll need to consult their website for that.
peter.vp_1295710754

Posted: Mar 02, 2011
I knew of that page. But I am looking for tutorial intro. Am I missing it?

peter
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 02, 2011
Sorry, but we do not have a tutorial because there are too many ways to use Toodledo. It is a matter of personal preference. You'll just need to experiment to find the workflow that works best for you. For definitions and help on individual features you can consult our help section.
iDazz

Posted: Mar 03, 2011
It's not specifically a tutorial, but some of the threads in the Getting Things Done forum are insightful to how other people use ToodleDo effectively. One that particularly stands out is Proximo's setup (https://www.toodledo.com/forums/5/2660/0/proximos-gtd-setup.html). I found this very helpful, and there are some video's that help explain things.

Obviously these discussions are geared towards GTD.

As ToodleDo says, there are too many ways to use it and it really needs to work how you want it to work. You don't need to use all the features, just the ones that help you be productive.

HTH.
Laurie4stuff

Posted: Mar 30, 2011
I realize you stated Toodledo has no tutorial because there are so many functions it would be impossible...but i feel there should be an easy way to get people started at the most basic level...How to assign a task, how to schedule it, how to follow it's progress, how to set the alarm to remind you...thismis something Toodledo should offer. I am intelligent but have no idea where to start. I bought the app in January and have not yet used it. All I can see it doing is a place where I can keep lists. I'm sure it must do more than that. I can keep lists on the free app that comes with my iPad. Please help get me started. Thank you.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We do not currently have a tutorial, but this is on our to-do list. In the meantime, please search through our help section for particular topics that you want to learn about. For example: Alarms
ccoleman

I figured it out through trial and error and reading the forum, but I completely agree that a tutorial would be a welcome addition to the site.

And since it is on your to-do list, let me make a suggestion. Instead of just walking people through each of the features like every other product tutorial out there, create a video or tutorial that actually explains how a particular person has set up a toodledo account to create a particular system. In other words, don't just show me each of the building blocks and turn me loose; show me how to use them to build an actual functioning system that I can then tweak to fit my own needs.
Salgud

Posted: Mar 31, 2011
Posted by ccoleman:
I figured it out through trial and error and reading the forum, but I completely agree that a tutorial would be a welcome addition to the site.

And since it is on your to-do list, let me make a suggestion. Instead of just walking people through each of the features like every other product tutorial out there, create a video or tutorial that actually explains how a particular person has set up a toodledo account to create a particular system. In other words, don't just show me each of the building blocks and turn me loose; show me how to use them to build an actual functioning system that I can then tweak to fit my own needs.

If I was doing a tutorial for TD, I'd be concerned about your approach, as opposed to a more generic approach. It belies the flexibility of TD, and might scare off some customers. No matter how many times you said, "THIS IS JUST A DEMO OF A PARTICULAR APPROACH, TD CAN BE USED IN MANY OTHER WAYS", you'd still get a fair number of people who'd look at the tutorial and say, "That just isn't the way I do my task list. I better look elsewhere". Once you demo it in a particular way, a lot of potential customers are going to think that's the only way to use it.

To make the specific approach work, I'd think you'd need at least 3 separate demo videos showing widely varying approaches, which I can tell you from experience making software instruction videos, is a lot of work.

Just my 2 cents worth.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.