ForumsTips & TricksRepeating Tasks

Repeating Tasks
Michael_49

Posted: May 18, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Is there a way to make a repeating task appear AND disappear?

For example, I accomplish "Cutting the Grass" for 5/14 so I mark it completed. Then, it immediately reappears as the same task for 5/21. However, it confuses me because I might only glance at the task, mark it complete AGAIN and inadvertantly complete NEXT Weeks' task by mistake.

Thanks!
Salgud

Posted: May 19, 2011
If a repeating task is Starred, and you're in a view that shows Starred tasks, the next new one will reappear. AFAIK, the only way, at present to prevent this, is to de-Star the task when you mark it complete.
dannyw0011

Posted: May 19, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
mickeyVee, I understand what you're saying. I've done the same thing inadvertently.

The robustness of Toodledo is that it is a holder for all of your tasks, both those to do now and those to do in the future. The power of Toodledo is that you can set it to display only the tasks you want to see. The ability of the user to customize Toodledo through its various settings to fit the user's needs is how the user harnesses the power.

I would suggest using the Search view (in my opinion the most powerful view) to set the filtering criteria to show only the tasks you want to see. If you set up your tasks' fields to meet your needs, you can pretty much search, filter, and display only those tasks you want to see at any given time.

In your example, I would probably set the filter criteria to only show tasks which meet a certain due date criteria. And if you wanted to filter down, you could utilize other fields you may have set up, such as a folder, context, or tag for "personal", "home", or even "grass cutting" (which would probably be too detailed).
luispfonseca

Posted: May 20, 2011
I think what you should do is to add a start date for the task. If you set start date for 21, it only appears on the day 21. Then, when you complete the task, it disappears again, only to reappear on 28.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.