Unread posts

Announcement

Forums > Tips & Tricks

Subtasks along with the Container Task

AuthorMessage
vitaly_nagy

Posted: Dec 16, 2012
Score: 0

I find it a little inconvenient that the main, container task, which is essentially a title of a "project", shows up in the lists along with its subtasks, which represent actual tasks itself. So, when you are changing something in a subtask, say, priority or due date, you need to decide also what to do to the container task; otherwise, it will show up in situations where you do not want it to. Does anybody have a practice, set of rules how to handle this situation?
jpv2112-s

Posted: Dec 17, 2012

I don't have a solution, but will sympathize with this issue. It seems that the TD parent/sub tasks relationship are in structure only and are not "smart."

Years ago I wrote a goal-tracking program that used algorithms to update a parent task based on its children. For example: the time required would be at least a sum of all the time required for the sub-tasks; the due date of all the sub-tasks would be at-latest the due date of the parent (unless one of the subs' due dates are changed), etc.

It can really be a can-o-worms to implement especially on a live system like TD.
Salgud

Posted: Dec 18, 2012

Very problematic, especially when everyone in these forums would want it differently that everyone else.
You cannot reply yet

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.

Toodledo Forums > Tips & Tricks

Contact Us | Blog | API | Jobs | Press | Documentation | Forums Privacy | Terms | Copyright © 2004-2014