ForumsTips & TricksWhy I'm about to choose Toodledo

Why I'm about to choose Toodledo
elenhil

Posted: Sep 05, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Not a question, then, but there seems to be no dedicated Praise Subforum.

Since the late lamented Astrid's elopement with the wicked Mr. Yahoo I'd been searching for proper service to replace all of its functionality. And the search had been all but in vain - no other free service offered both basic GTD stuff, small-scale collaboration, time management, and an Android app that wasn't a glorified web browser for its deficient mobile web site (that is, wasn't strictly online and had none of the features cut).

Well, the thing is, Yahoo made sure there really is no free service to completely fit the bill, so to say. Toodledo included. So why the praise, then?

Simply because, having unsuccessfully scoured the Internet for a free service, one must inevitably contemplate the paid-for ones. And discover, much to one's despair, that the plentiful commercial products all cost about $20 a month. And you'll be lucky if it's not per user!

Enter Toodledo, with a $15 a year subscription, and all the required features on board!

Now, being cheap does not, perhaps, sound like a proper praise, but look at it this way: from what I've seen, with such a competitive price tag, Toodledo occupies a unique niche in a very much crowded and homogeneous market. I very much hope it stays that way and continues building on its strengths.

P.S. Not that it is without flaws, mind you. Some of the features I needed are rather barebones implementations. Like collaboration. Or the lack of a fully-fledged Android app (I gather there are only two 3rd party apps with timers, the API itself does not support collaboration yet, and the said two apps are not free). Needless to say, I'm very much hoping to see these avenues of development pursued, and hope that my small 3-man team would soon successfully get a grasp of Toodledo and join the ranks of subscribers, providing, perhaps, the developers with that little extra incentive to make Toodledo even greater - sooner.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.