ForumsTips & Tricks"Google Now" feeding into Toodledo

"Google Now" feeding into Toodledo

Posted: Jan 30, 2014
Score: 1 Reference
This post is for Android users and shows how you can use the voice input through Google Now to get tasks into Toodledo.

I use the "Note to Self" command in Google Now to get to-dos into my system. Specifically, they wind up in my email with the subject line "note to self" and the message I spoke in the body of the email. The word recognition is excellent.

I have gone a step further. Using IFTTT, I have written a recipe which sends that email to Toodledo and flips the message (the original to-do you spoke) up into the subject line.

I wrote about what I did and give detailed information on exactly how to set up the IFTTT recipe in a recent blog post. The post is located at:

If you wind up using it and liking it, I would enjoy hearing from you.

Posted: Jan 31, 2014
Score: 1 Reference
The latest official Toodledo Android App supports this out of the box. You do not need to go through IFTTT.

Posted: Feb 12, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the information. I have been using the Ultimate To-Do List since I started using an Android a year and a half ago, and it has worked well for me.

I have just downloaded the official Toodledo app and see exactly how to enable this feature. (The first time I used "Note to Self," it presented me with the choices of sending the note to Gmail, Evernote, or Toodledo, along with the option to do so once or always.

Posted: Feb 19, 2014
i just downloaded the Android app, and -call me stupid- but how do i setup that i can voice record my todo's in Toodledo (and have them transcribed) ?

-- was too quick with my post, found it already :-)

This message was edited Feb 19, 2014.

Posted: Mar 31, 2014
I couldn't figureit out , please help

Posted: Apr 01, 2014
Score: 2 Reference
Make sure you have Google Now enabled.

Then just press the "mic" icon, and say

Note to self buy milk

It should make a popup that ask you to select, Toodledo should be one of the option there.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.