Unread posts

Announcement

Forums > Tips & Tricks

"Google Now" feeding into Toodledo

AuthorMessage
DrFrankBuck

Posted: Jan 30, 2014
Score: 1

This post is for Android users and shows how you can use the voice input through Google Now to get tasks into Toodledo.

I use the "Note to Self" command in Google Now to get to-dos into my system. Specifically, they wind up in my email with the subject line "note to self" and the message I spoke in the body of the email. The word recognition is excellent.

I have gone a step further. Using IFTTT, I have written a recipe which sends that email to Toodledo and flips the message (the original to-do you spoke) up into the subject line.

I wrote about what I did and give detailed information on exactly how to set up the IFTTT recipe in a recent blog post. The post is located at: http://frankbuck.blogspot.com/2014/01/how-to-add-tasks-to-toodledo-using.html

If you wind up using it and liking it, I would enjoy hearing from you.
ykphuah

Posted: Jan 31, 2014
Score: 1

The latest official Toodledo Android App supports this out of the box. You do not need to go through IFTTT.
DrFrankBuck

Posted: Feb 12, 2014
Score: 0

Thanks for the information. I have been using the Ultimate To-Do List since I started using an Android a year and a half ago, and it has worked well for me.

I have just downloaded the official Toodledo app and see exactly how to enable this feature. (The first time I used "Note to Self," it presented me with the choices of sending the note to Gmail, Evernote, or Toodledo, along with the option to do so once or always.
robmutsaars

Posted: Feb 19, 2014

i just downloaded the Android app, and -call me stupid- but how do i setup that i can voice record my todo's in Toodledo (and have them transcribed) ?

-- was too quick with my post, found it already :-)

This message was edited Feb 19, 2014.
pakiyabhai

Posted: Mar 31, 2014

I couldn't figureit out , please help
ykphuah

Posted: Apr 01, 2014
Score: 2

Make sure you have Google Now enabled.

Then just press the "mic" icon, and say

Note to self buy milk

It should make a popup that ask you to select, Toodledo should be one of the option there.
You cannot reply yet

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.

Toodledo Forums > Tips & Tricks