Unread topics or posts
Unread topics or posts
Fix for Greasemonkey script "ToodleDo Multi-Edit Tasks"
Since upgrading to Firefox 31 + Greasemonkey 2.1, the very useful "ToodleDo Multi-Edit Tasks" (http://userscripts-mirror.org/scripts/show/85745.html) no longer works. Here's how to fix it:
1. Go to "Manage User Scripts" in Greasemonkey
2. Find "ToodleDo Multi-Edit Tasks" and click "Preferences" for that script (enable it first if it's disabled)
3. Click "Edit this User Script" at the very bottom of the resulting preferences dialog. You should see the script in a text editor.
4. At the very top of the script, replace the metadata block with the following:
// @name ToodleDo Multi-Edit Tasks
// @namespace http://someuniquevaluetoavoidnamespaceconflicts09851243241.net
// @description basic Greasemonkey script
// @include http://www.toodledo.com/tasks/*
// @include http://*.toodledo.com/tasks/*
// @include https://*.toodledo.com/tasks/*
// @exclude http://*.toodledo.com/slim*
// @exclude https://*.toodledo.com/slim*
// @grant GM_setValue
// @grant GM_getValue
// @grant GM_log
5. Save and exit the text editor. You're good to go -- just reload Toodledo (no need to restart the browser or Greasemonkey). Make sure the script is enabled.
If I made any mistakes in the workflow above, please post here and I'll update the instructions. If the code itself doesn't work, please post any pertinent information, and I'll try to help troubleshoot if I have time. (I guess I'm informally taking over development of that script, since I don't know of anyone actively maintaining it. If you know someone who IS the "official" current maintainer, please post to that effect.)
The only thing that's new are the three @grant lines. Greasemonkey, at least for me, fails silently if appropriate permissions are not granted. (If you really feel ambitious, you can find the one place in the script where GM_log is still used, and comment it out, eliminating the need for that permission.)
Enjoy your happy productivity,
Hi Eugene, thanks for taking the time to post this.
It was a bit disheartening when the latest Firefox upgrade broke this userscript, since I work with it all the time.
Unfortunately for me the fix doesn't seem to work - after following the instructions I still get the same interminable "Loading..." message where the tasks should be. I followed the workflow exactly (except that for me in Step 2 Greasemonkey has "Options" rather than "Preferences").
I'm not sure what additional information I can provide, but any ideas would be much appreciated.
Here's my current workaround, trying to use standard Toodledo features to achieve what I mostly used the Multi-Edit Tasks Greasemonkey script for (postponing/rescheduling tasks).
1. Instead of ticking the check box provided by the script, I use the "Star" column like a check box, and star the tasks I want to edit.
2. I then go to a saved search that returns only the starred tasks.
3. Then I use Toodledo's built-in multi-edit function to make the updates I want. For me, this is usually a new due date, but at the same time I also set the "Star" flag to "No" (effectively, un-ticking the tasks once they have been updated).
This gets me what I need, not quite as elegantly as the script, but near enough.
Does not work, there must be another issue with that script; Both GM_getValue and setvalue do work, but the tasks fail to load.
To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.