ForumsTips & TricksProject list

Project list
KateYoak

Posted: Sep 21, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I just came up with a project list work-around.

I have set up a default context to be "projects", making it a catch-all for a) things that have not been processed (and thus might require thought about steps) and b) actual projects that do have steps.

Now when I create subtasks, I assign them appropriate contexts and they show up where they are supposed to: computer, phone, etc. And the parent task (since by definition, it's not actionable) doesn't. But when I want to see how things are going, I go to the projects pseudo-context, and can review individual subtasks within projects.

There is a little side benefit that I occasionally want to create tasks that I don't want to think about yet. These non-processed non-actionable tasks are really unplanned projects. They are in the projects list and they should be. Or I can create a custom search for tasks with context=projects and subtasks=0 and call it "Pending projects". Yay.

I think this will get my project management to a level I can be happy with.
Anders

Posted: Sep 21, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Interesting. I do something sort of similar with Status. A project that is worked out with actionable tasks is Active. A project that I am still working out is Planning. All my actionable tasks are either Next Action or No Status. When I want to see my whole Project list, I just sort by Status and toggle open the appropriate dividers (which can also include Someday, Waiting, etc.). A saved search could also work there, but I prefer the simplicity of not using saved searches when possible.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.