ForumsTips & TricksJott interoperability

Jott interoperability
genericmd

Posted: Aug 16, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I would add my request for defaults for anything relayed to Toodledo by Jott. I mostly want to make them show up in my Hotlist so I know they will catch my attention. Note that I do have a "Via Jott" search item that helps when I use my home computer, but even then I am mostly fixated on the Hotlist; it is the same when I use my iPhone Toodledo app (90% of my Jott usage).
zhava

Posted: Oct 14, 2009
I too would like this feature.

Remember the Milk is able to understand tasks from Jott -- you can tell it dates, times, tags, and goes to a default folder you specify. If they can do it -- can't we?

As far as being concerned about mistakes, you can tell Jott to email or text you a copy of what they entered into Toodledo, so you can see right away if they made an error. Can you please, please consider this?
brill

Posted: Oct 16, 2009
I think you missed the point. We don't necessarily need to be able to tell Jott where to place the item, we just want a user definable default that applies to ALL items received via Jott. That way we could set the items from Jott as TOP priority and they would show up in the hot list.

Posted by Toodledo:

The reason that we have not yet added folder/context/etc from Jott is because Jott's voice to text accuracy is not 100% and there is no way to provide feedback from Toodledo back to Jott about how we understood your commands. The problem is that if Jott does not accurately understand which folder/context you say, it will not be put into the proper folder/context (unbeknownst to you) and this may cause problems if you expect the task to be there. As it is, you can use Jott to quickly stick the task into your inbox and then properly sort it later.
brill

Posted: Oct 16, 2009
Score: -1 Reference
Posted by Toodledo:
Yes, we plan to have the default settings also work for tasks added via Jott.

When do you plan to add this? It's been 9 months since your post.
CJD

Posted: Nov 22, 2009
another jott user brought over a longtime ago from jott. I would like to see this implemented as well.
Hugh Macken

Posted: Mar 04, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Toodledo back in '08:
As it is, you can use Jott to quickly stick the task into your inbox and then properly sort it later.

First, just want to say I love Jott. Keep up the awesome work.

That said, I would like all of my Jotts to automatically go into my toodledo inbox, rather than not going into any particular folder. I see a lot of others have asked for this or something similar as well. Is this now possible with Toodledo - Jott Interoperability by chance?
Peter S...

Posted: Apr 25, 2010
Posted by Toodledo Feb 22, 2009:
Yes, we plan to have the default settings also work for tasks added via Jott.

Well, I just discovered Jott and really really like it. I'm glad there is a basic connection to ToodleDo, but disappointed it's not more developed. Having TD default settings applied to any tasks imported from Jott seems a very basic and useful modification. It's been over a year since you said this was in the plans.

It would also be helpful to have the option to not show the "listen" link on Jott tasks.

thanks.......
CJD

Posted: May 03, 2010
As a long time Jott user and a long time Toodledo user, I am interested why I can have so much flexibility with my Backpackit and Jott but not toodledo. Like specifying where things go.
projectBlake

Posted: May 18, 2010
OK, I'm on board for the defaults being applied. Besides the idea that jotts just disappear because they come in no context, due date or folder, I'm having a problem with them being shared without my permission.

Unless I'm missing something, you can protect folders but you can't protect anything that isn't in a folder (only been here week so maybe I haven't stumbled across it yet).

Jotts come in, not in a folder and are immediately shared with anyone I'm sharing tasks with. This is not right and potentially a big problem depending on the context of the Jott.
projectBlake

Posted: May 18, 2010
so the workaround is to forward to normal jott email to the toodledo list. At least then it will use the default. It's ugly, with a lot of junk in the note instead of just the link. Also, the subject line doesn't have the full jott.
tracystevenson37

Posted: May 20, 2010
Hello,
I use Vlingo from my iphone. I created a contact on my phone named "Things To Do" and I have my unique Toodledo email address associated with it.
I simply speak into my iphone... "Email Things To Do...Subject Pick up milk...Message.. 2 cartons of chocolate and 1 carton of strawberry.

Let me tell you I can hammer alot of things into my inbox via voice if I am in the car... HANDSFREE...

I use to use Jott but I have canceled my contract.
brill

Posted: May 23, 2010
Blake, forwarding normal jott email to the toodledo list does not use the default. It does not put in a date, folder, etc.
brill

ToodleDo, are you listening????
Linden

ToodleDo doesn't normally keep track of the forums other than the Questions forum. The notice is posted in a sticky: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/2486/-12819/read.html

If you're trying to report a bug, your best bet is to submit a support ticket or post it to the Questions forum.

Cheers!
zhava

Posted: Oct 12, 2010
This is just my annual "Toodledo, I love ya but can't you please make Jott work better with you???" It's been a year and -- nothing. Does anyone read this forum?
PeterW 

Posted: Oct 12, 2010
Posted by zhava:
This is just my annual "Toodledo, I love ya but can't you please make Jott work better with you???" It's been a year and -- nothing. Does anyone read this forum?

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/7757/0/taking-user-feedback-to-decide-the-next-feature-set.html
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.