ForumsDevelopersNew Outlook Sync tool available

New Outlook Sync tool available
chris.lindstrom

Posted: Sep 19, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Ceptara provides an Outlook Add-in to help people get better organized by defining Projects and Focuses and saving them into Outlook's Categories field. We've added new ribbon buttons that embrace the 5Ds processing method (Do, Defer, Delegate, Delete, put in a Drawer) for e-mail processing and have added tools such as, a new folder view (My Organizer) and Organizer Task Pane, to simplify weekly and daily planning. We've built-in mind mapping for Outlook objects and have provided for time tracking via the calendar.

We just added the ability to sync with ToodleDo as well. We support two-way sync for tasks and also integrate the add-in's Project and Focuses into ToodleDo's Folders and Contexts, respectively.

I've tested the tool on Exchange, personal folders (i.e. IMAP/POP), and a 3rd party Exchange server (Kerio). Everything seems to be working fine.

We have not yet tested other languages or other timezones (we're in Pacific time). I'm looking for folks to give it whirl and let us know if they run into any problems.

Our tool is located here: http://www.ceptara.com/products/organizer.

Thanks - looking forward to your feedback.
Chris
ken_dillon

Posted: Oct 05, 2010
Chris

So far the syncing seems to be going ok with the exception of Focuses mapping to Context. So far every time I sync the context vanishes in Toodledo.

I then synch to Iphone and Ipad and tehy get lost there also.

regards
chris.lindstrom

Posted: Oct 24, 2010
Ken -

Sorry for the delay - I thought I was watching this topic, but for some reason I didn't see that you posted an update.

If you're still using the tool - I would suggest that you turn on Verbose logging to see what's happening when it attempts to update ToodleDo contexts with Organizer's Focuses. It should tell you any errors encountered.

Feel free to send me a support request via the Project Explorer, Help menu.
kate_mcgoey

Posted: Dec 02, 2010
I'm a new user to both Toodledo and Ceptara and I'm trying to set up the right project structures and 'habits' for me to get this working properly. Can you tell me if this 'loss of context/focus' content on the synch has been fixed in Ceptara? I hate to think of adding content that will disappear. Also -- is there any mapping from Tooledo's 'tags' back to something in Ceptara / Outlook?

thanks in advance.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.