Legend

Forum

Unread topics or posts

Topic

Unread posts

Announcement

Forums > Developers

Error during synchronization: Index (zero based)

AuthorMessage
DrLaban

Posted: Nov 19, 2008
Score: 0

SyncApp.exe Error: 0 : Error during synchronization: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.

I have figured out that this seems to do with authentication failures. I've investigated it by, when the error occurs, going to the Account-tab and try to provide both Account ID and password, then clicking the Test-button, which results in a 'Authentication failed'-dialogue.
Perhaps it would be of some use to print add this to the diagnostics log, so it is a bit easier for the user to figure out what could be wrong.
I'm sure the specific "Index (zero based)"-error could appear because of several more reasons, but this seems to be one of them.

[Edit]
I switched on "Show Traffic" and got a bit further to the truth of the problem. This is probably where it goes bananas:

ToodledoClientLib Information: 0 : ToodleClientLib:sendHttpRequest:Request=[http://www.toodledo.com/api.php?method=getServerInfo;key=xx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

ToodledoClientLib Information: 0 : ToodleClientLib:sendHttpRequest:Response=[<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><error>key did not validate</error>]

I've edited the key out but it's a loooong hexadecimal value. If you want the sepcific value, just tell me and I'll get it to you.
[/Edit]

This message was edited Nov 19, 2008.
keef

How frequently is this occurring for you. Is it a regular thing or is it rare?

Also, did this just start happening in the new release or has it been happening for a while?

keef
DrLaban

I'm using version 0.9.9.1 and it happened in 0.9.9.0 too.
It has happened about three times so far.
I would say it is quite rare, but I can't really figure out why it is happening. It has happened both at home and at the university I'm studying.
The last time I got it working I changed both my unique ID and my password. This time it seems as if this does not solve the problem.
I haven't tried using any different networking methods other than my wireless connection. I'll try a wired one and see if anything changes.

[Edit]
I just now changed both my unique ID and password and tried to connect and it worked. I did an attempt before by just changing my unique ID and not my password, but that failed.
[/Edit]

This message was edited Nov 19, 2008.
keef

When it happens again try stopping and restarting the client to see if that fixes things. I suspect the issue might be a race condition in the code that maintains the Toodledo API key. Perhaps my app is keeping it too long? I'll add this to the bug list.

keef
DrLaban

Posted: Nov 25, 2008

Alright, this is happening again here. I'll report "live" as I do stuff. I usually notice these problems when the security message stops appearing after a couple of hours.

- Precondition -
* Outlook running
* Toodledo sync running
* Index (zero bared) error is reported in the diagnostics
* key did not validate error is reported in the diagnostics

- Steps -
* Closing sync tool
* Closing Outlook
* Starting Outlook
* Starting sync tool
* Running manual sync

- Results -
* Index (zero bared) error is reported in the diagnostics
* key did not validate error is reported in the diagnostics

[Edit]
The only way I can get the sync tool to work again, is by generating a new unique id and change the password. Changing only the password or id does not help.
[/Edit]

This message was edited Nov 25, 2008.
David

Posted: May 04, 2009

Was a solution found for this error? I started today not being able to sync and finding this error in dianostics.

I changed password and ID and that worked, but do not know if that is the actual solution.

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.

Toodledo Forums > Developers

Contact Us | Blog | API | Jobs | Press | Documentation | Forums Privacy | Terms | Copyright © 2004-2014