ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsTask unifier vs. Task Angel - lacking functionalities

Task unifier vs. Task Angel - lacking functionalities
kordi82

Posted: Apr 16, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
Hi,

This is my first post here. I want to but task angel or task unifier. My problem is that each one has options that are crucial for me that the other does not. Maye someone will help me to find an easy work around to one of these functionalities.

1. Task angel - it has custom hotkeys that I can use when the program is minimize into tray. It's a brilliant functionality when you have to add something lightning fast to your inbox.

2. Task unifier - it creates a schedule to archive your tasks, and what is most important, you can choose how many copies it keeps. Task angel keeps only recent copy and one before, which is not enough for me. I want to protect myself from the scary vision that one day one of my devices clears all my tasks and other apps will sync with my empty toodledo account before I notce that smth. is wrong.

Any ideas how to overcome any of these problems? This would make my decision really easy.

Best regards,
Kordi
Benjamin Leclerc

Posted: Apr 17, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
Hi,

1) You can use TaskUnifier with the command line addon with Launchy for example.

https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/taskunifier/index.php?title=Create_quick_tasks_with_Launchy

2) If you selected "Minimize to tray" in the general settings of TaskUnifier, when TaskUnifier is minimized, right click on its icon, then click on "Paste tasks from clipboard".

If you paste somethings like :
Line1
Line2
Line3

Line1 will be the title, the other lines will be added as note of the new task.

This message was edited Apr 17, 2012.
kordi82

Posted: Apr 20, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
As for option 2. I don't like it at all and don't even consider it.

As for option 1. I did everything that was specified in the link. Still when I try to add the task with launchy nothing happens.

Things I did differently are: tucl location, I had to put it in my documents, as I don't have access to C:/ folder on computer that I use. And I have Java 6 not 7 on my computer. Any ideas what might went wrong?
Benjamin Leclerc

Posted: Apr 20, 2012
Yes, you have to change the path in the step 9)

-jar C:/tucl.jar "$$"

change it to something like

-jar "C:/My documents/....../tucl.jar" "$$"
kordi82

Posted: Apr 23, 2012
Still not working.... Sorry, but I give up. All in all this is to help me be more productive. I am not going to spend any minute longer on it. I prefer to pay extra few bucks for task angel and find some backuping program. This should be much easier....
computer

Posted: Apr 28, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Have been on computers for 25 years. Never worry about keyboard functionality. I use a utility called

MACRO EXPRESS.

You can store hotkey combinations, thousands of them, all program specific.

http://www.wintools.com/

It is the MOST important utility I run on my computer, bar none.

I use it for hotkey combinations in ...

Word
Dreamweaver
Photoshop
Excel
GoldMine

and now...

TOODLEDO!

Seriously, choose the program you like best and forget the hotkeys. Use MacroExpress for ALL your programs. You won't look back.

Don't know what the cost is nowadays. I've been on it through every build for years. But it won't be that much and it will be best investment you have ever made. You will fall in love with it.

If you do explore and if asked, say ClareLondon said so!

xx
kordi82

Posted: May 06, 2012
Yeah, all is great and all... but I am really not interested in paying 65 bucks for a program that I would use only for adding To Do's... And I really do not think I need it outside of this functionality. I work mostly with: browsers, Excel and Outlook. Both opera and Excel support customizable keys with no problems. Outlook is a little more limited in this regard, yet I really do not feel like I need custom shortcuts for outlook.

BTW.
I got my first computer 22 years ago... so no, I am not impressed with your score....
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.