ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsThird party goal planning connection

Third party goal planning connection
Productiveman

Posted: Oct 27, 2016
Score: 1 Reference
The goal planning capability in Toodledo is frankly pretty basic. I'd like to see a better way to visualize and prioritize the long, medium and short term goals (as well as ideally the projects underneath them). If there are no plans to augment the functionality within Toodledo, then I'd like to see a connection built to a third party platform such as Goalscape which does a nice job of visually laying out one's goal landscape.

https://www.goalscape.com/

I have no connection to the company...it's just a cool tool I found via a web search. It seems to have fairly limited task functionality and be mainly focused on the bigger picture.

There may be other good goal planning platforms aside from that one. For example, I did look at Lifetick and GoalsOnTrack but Goalscape seemed to have the most robust functionality and least overlap with what I have been doing for years in Toodledo. No doubt there are others I'm not aware of.
lotsapoppa

Posted: Oct 28, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
I completely agree. Toodledo does not assist the user with goal planning. It just lists goals and what information you can put into the goal and tracking is exceedingly limited.

I would prefer to keep everything in Toodledo. A viable alternative to a third-party goal is to use the Notes, Lists, Outlines, and Habits to help obtain your goals. An indirect method, admittedly, and cumbersome but it does the trick.

o Use Notes to help document the Goal (document it like a project - purpose, vision, etc.)
o Use Lists, Outlines, or Habits to help track the progress of the goal (personal choice)
o Use a single action task to remind and complete work towards goal (attach Note, List, Outline, and Habits)

The missing piece here is statistics, which Toodledo does not do well when it comes to goals. Your Notes, Outlines, Lists, and Habits will have to fill in for now.

This message was edited Oct 28, 2016.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.