ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsAndroid - creating new taks with one touch

Android - creating new taks with one touch
kordi82

Posted: Dec 05, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I am trying to set up my phone so that I am able to add tasks on android with one touch of a button. Native toodledo app does not have shortcut that would allow to do something like this. Best you can do is to open the app and then add task. These are two clicks.... I know this is not that big of a deal but for me it sometimes makes a difference if I write something down or not...

In the past I used to have DGT installed which has precisely such shortcut. Unfortunately after switching to new phone I cannot force DGT to work correctly. It produces an error message that it does not has storage right access and cannot sync because of it....

Any ideas?

best regards,
Kordi
pawelkaleta

Posted: Dec 05, 2016
I would try in this case IFTTT's Do Button app.
ben

Posted: Dec 06, 2016
Score: 1 Reference
Search for ToodleTask by Harry Lascelles in the play store. I have a 2 finger pinch trigger (I use Nova Launcher for my home screen app) that pulls this up. Have it set up to either input a work or a personal task. ToodleTask is specifically designed for quick input to ToodleDo, that's all it does.
hlascelles

Posted: Dec 06, 2016
Harry Lascelles here - that is indeed exactly what you are looking for. Great to hear you use it Ben... Kordi, you can find it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.toodletask&hl=en

I haven't updated it in a while, but it still works with ToodleDo and I still use it daily. If you wanted one change what would it be? I've been looking at adding features to it.
ben

Posted: Dec 07, 2016
Hi Harry good to hear from you! I've been using it since you published originally, gave you some design input way back when. Yours is one of the first apps I load on a new device.

I'll give some thought to suggestions. Ultimate To Do list just added a tasker plugin so that should give me the ability to use Google Home / Google Assistant to input tasks to ToodleDo easily via voice - have to work the plumbing out on that...
kordi82

Posted: Dec 12, 2016
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. However as for ToodleTask I do not get it. When I install it I get standard shortcut that opens ToodleTask menu. Only when I close ToodleTask menu I can input the task. This makes little sense....

I checked and there is no widget for ToodleTask. Under my Action Launcher I do not see any shortcut for Toodletask either... What am I missing?

EDIT:
Nevermind. I made one more attempt at DGT. I finally managed to get it to work. I can use DGT to instaadd task. Additionally it automatically backups my tasks just in case something goes wrong. Love DGT for those two functionalities. Although I prefer browsing tasks in native Toodledo app.

EDIT 2:
Started playing around with IFTT and it also works. It is possible to create a simple button that works just for adding tasks in toodledo.

This message was edited Dec 12, 2016.
coolexplorer

Posted: Dec 15, 2016
If you are on android try 'Ultimate To Do List'. I have been using it for 3 years. It syncs perfectly, has a lot of cool features, custom views, etc.
It has a tiny one button widget on your home screen that if pressed once allows you to directly enter a new task.
ben

Posted: Dec 17, 2016
Posted by hlascelles:
Harry Lascelles here - that is indeed exactly what you are looking for. Great to hear you use it Ben... Kordi, you can find it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.toodletask&hl=en

I haven't updated it in a while, but it still works with ToodleDo and I still use it daily. If you wanted one change what would it be? I've been looking at adding features to it.

I would love to see integration with Google assistant /home for natural language task input but short of that, interface with Tasker so that I can use AutoVoice (this does integrate with Google Home / Assistant today ) along with Tasker to add tasks via voice commands. Ultimate to do list has a Tasker interface now but does not allow for variable population in Tasker thus making it impossible to specify things like context or folder as a part of the voice command.
Ooker

Posted: Dec 22, 2016
Why don't you use the widgets? Without the widgets I might have abandoned the app after trying.
akorvemaker

Posted: Mar 13, 2017
Posted by hlascelles:

Hi Harry. A couple things I would appreciate:
1. Adding Start Date, just like Due Date is in the settings. I use Start Dates a lot, but rarely Due Dates.
2. Easier access to the settings. In the current Android way of doing things, it's awkwardly buried.
3. Keep it small and fast and awesome, like it is.

Andy
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.