ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsTaskJot for Blackberry released - made for Toodledo

TaskJot for Blackberry released - made for Toodledo
shenfeiyu

Posted: Mar 28, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by Jaime:
Is TJ dead? I sent several emails with no response. Is anyone receiving feedback from them?

Irklak

Posted: Aug 06, 2010
I think they are dead. I have heard nothing as well. Too bad.

I believe PI for bb syncs with Toodledo as well.
Lynne

Posted: Aug 08, 2010
i have sent two emails to them this week asking for help and gotten automated responses, with no real person response.
TaskJot

Posted: Aug 09, 2010
No, we're not dead - just really busy! What a rumor mill.
stevenyi

Posted: Aug 12, 2010
I purchased Taskjot when it first came out. The first month was great, but since then, I still have a battery drain problem (leave it on and it starts to drain battery and heat up the phone). I only use the app occasionally now and exit it when done. (I got burned by this yesterday on a plane, forgot to turn off Taskjot and 30 minutes later realized it and my battery went from like 95% to 15%, couldn't use phone when I landed).

It's been some 9-10 months of this, no fixes. I've asked about feature requests and for the past 9-10 months no new features have been added. You may not be dead and really busy, but for all intents and purposes, the app has been pretty dead for a while now.
neildriscoll83

Posted: Aug 13, 2010
Seems dead to me, progress seems awfully slow. The application is far from finished and has plenty of annoying 'features' it reminds more of the work of a student rather than a professional development team. TaskJot Pro Plus has been "coming soon" for so long I hoped some other fancy pants app will be fully working by then.

Toodledo instead of lazily depending on a single thrid party to create the BlackBerry app for you go about getting one developed yourself, sub-contract if you need to surely you can put that on your to do list.

The lack of a decent BlackBerry app and the shockingly poor user interface niggles me. I discovered toodledo through taskjot and both were good for a short while. However now I am getting fed up with them and probably start using something else such as nirvana hq. My subscription is due for renewal but not convinced I should even bother.

Either get it sorted Jake or lose out.
TaskJot

From the comments here, it seems that users would like to see releases of TaskJot every 2 or 3 months?

Software projects are never finished. TaskJot is a part-time project for us that we work on as time allows. We offer a free trial for customers to see if TaskJot suites their needs before they purchase. We also offer a generous 90 day return policy in case a customer purchases and discovers the software is not right for them. If TaskJot does not suite your needs as it is, we don't want your money.

All that said, we have made changes internally to put more focus on TaskJot improvement and testing. Users will see those changes in an upcoming release.
stevenyi

Score: 2 Reference
Well I can't speak for others, but my expectation is that a serious bug where the phone battery is drained and causes the phone to get hot would be a priority to address and warrant a release. I reported this shortly after purchasing and had the impression you were working on it, and checked after each release to see if it was fixed. After the first couple of months communications dropped and I got tired of reporting issues and hearing back "we're busy" without any further follow-up.

As it is, the software has the potential to be great but it is severely flawed to the point where I can't use it as I would like. After paying money for software with the expectation that it would get fixed, then being told "we're busy" and now "we don't want your money", I don't have great confidence as a user that things will change and that you respect your customers very much.

However, I would love for things to change and for this software and your company to regain my confidence. I'd love to see this software bug fixed, and I'd love to see more support and communication from you and your company for this software. I do not think I'm alone as evidenced from this thread that there are other users who feel the software has been neglected.
TaskJot

Posted: Aug 16, 2010
From an individual user's perspective, the bug that is causing them trouble is the most important thing for the vendor to fix at any one point in time. That's easy to understand and identify with.

We offer a free trial period and money-back guarantee so each user can try out the software to make certain it suites their needs before buying it. We refuse to make bug fix or feature add promises to get users to buy the software. By doing so, our strategy optimizes the product improvement, not our convincing skills. The goal here is to get as many people using the software as possible that are happy with its features and functionality and get feedback from those who the software isn't quite ready for so we can improve it to earn those customers business.

Each individual user doesn't get the full view of all the issues currently being considered or the priorities attached to those issues. What one user considers a "major bug" may not be happening for everyone. In the case of battery drain, its not. Its a high priority, low occurrence bug where a work-around exists. So, we're fixing it for the next release and letting people know how to avoid it - close TaskJot from the menu when you're finished with it. Other users have their own top priorities they think we should fix. We evaluate every single one and use all of them to decide what to work on.

We're dedicated to continued improvement of TaskJot. Hopefully, we can get the time scale of our releases to better match user expectations. And, as always, feel free to contact us directly through our website if you have questions or problems with TaskJot.
neildriscoll83

Posted: Aug 17, 2010
You don't seem to get it, your customers are giving you direct feedback on the toodledo forum and you are so arrogant you say you don't want their money. You couldn't get much better market research for your poky little app.

When you have finished "evaluating", "deciding" and "prioritizing" do you think you could find some time to start fixing?

This message was edited Aug 17, 2010.
TaskJot

Posted: Aug 25, 2010
@Whinging Ping

We get TONS of feedback from our users which we appreciate.

I think you're mistaking my honesty for arrogance. We aren't in the business of promising customers features or fixes. To get the quote right, its "If you are not happy with our product right now, we don't want your money" In other words, we're not promising the product will improve to suite your needs or work for you in the future (if it doesn't right now).

We're still working on TaskJot to fix issues and add features. But, we're not promising that those fixes and features will suite the needs of every individual user so we don't recommend you purchase the product if it doesn't work for you. I think that's just being honest.

There are companies building software who will promise a feature or a fix to one user to make a sale. I call them consultants. Its not a healthy strategy for product development.

This message was edited Aug 25, 2010.
stevenyi

Posted: Aug 27, 2010
@Taskjot

Ultimately, I think I and others just want to see this product supported and moving on. It sounds like you've started to really put some time and effort back into this and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens. I think the lack of communication for a long period of time did not help anyone's mind to think anything but that this project was dead.

BTW: While you may think you're being honest, some of what you said does come off like you don't care to support your software or your user's concerns. I do understand my particular issue is unique and is difficult to diagnose and fix (I am a software developer involved with mobile and server projects, so I get it). I just didn't think your reply came of as anything but defensive and haughty. I also think your consultant strawman and writing "what a rumor mill" in your first reply after 7 months didn't contribute positively to this dialog. For now, I'm going to chalk this up as a mismatch between your intentions and my perceptions.

Good luck in developing TaskJot and I'll be happy to see a new release.
TaskJot

Posted: Sep 23, 2010
TaskJot 1.1 beta is almost ready to release. We're hoping the beta greatly improves the connectivity issues and related battery drain issue. Also, tags and alerts are being added as well as a host of other bug fixes and minor feature additions. I'll post again soon when there is a sign-up page for the beta.
Irklak

Posted: Oct 09, 2010
Sounds good. Looking forward to trying it.
stevenyi

Posted: Oct 12, 2010
I just downloaded the beta. Nice job! I've had the app on for about an hour and the battery drain/phone heat-up issue seems to be resolved here (will keep it on rest of day an monitor if any issues arise). The addition of the tags view is great.

If the battery drain issue is finally resolved, I think I'll be happy to once again recommend this product. Good job and good luck working through to the release!
stevenyi

Posted: Oct 15, 2010
Just thought I'd mention it looks like the drain issue is gone. (!!) very excited, I can now leave the app on and work without problems. New changes in beta from today are really useful: things are looking good!
anniehenry

Posted: Oct 22, 2010
This is a basic question - I'm trying Toodledo and Taskjot for the first time today and although Toodledo seems to update TJ fine, changes made on my Blackberry (completed tasks, new tasks) don't ever update to Toodledo online. Is this because I'm using the free versions of both or because I'm doing something wrong?
lenzilk

Posted: Oct 30, 2010
@anniehenry

I have recently started using TaskJot and ToodleDo as well and have been seeing some of the same issues with synching. Very frustrating when I am dealing with 82 tasks on my BB and only 79 show on ToodleDo after many attempts at synching. Very frustrating going through each list of tasks trying to find one potentially non-urgent task.

Anybody else having this problem?
fwilhelm

Posted: Nov 08, 2010
Hi all,

maybe I also weigh in on the battery drain issue. I have just decided to remove the free test version from my Blackberry due to the battery drain problem and will not buy Taskjot until it is solved in an official release version. I am playing with Pocket Informant now, which I don't like as much as Taskjot, but at least it leaves my Blackberry working.
Irklak

Posted: Nov 20, 2010
I'm waiting for the update as well. So far it seems to be raking a very, very long time.

Using PI in the meantime although I like the idea of TJ better.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.