ForumsThird-Party Applicationssync with MyLifeOrganized

sync with MyLifeOrganized
john

Posted: Aug 22, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Has anyone looked at syncing with MLO.

Or may be a smart way to import/export.

It would be great if there was a PC conduit to do this, ideally not via Ooutlook.
Minerva

Posted: Aug 28, 2009
I agree - that would be a terrific way to go!
osmanboj

Posted: Nov 04, 2009
I'm experimenting with the following:
I have a trial MLO syncing with MS Outlook and MS Outlook syncing with Toodledo.
Then to make even more complicated, I'm also syncing Toodledo with an iPhone.

I'll post in a few days and let everyone one if successful and if it does not turn out to be too complicated and causes lots of conflicts.

I'm sure I'll need to fine tune the sync settings on both MLO and Toodledo, a few times.
lstroyan

Posted: Nov 07, 2009
I'm also very interested in this and am cleaning up my MLO/Outlook sync to try out such an integration (because I'm thinking of getting a Verizon Droid). I also have Jott adding things into the mix through the Jott Outlook Tasks integration.

One thing I've done that I expect will help is change my MLO <--> Outlook sync to only sync things that are in a particular view. My view doesn't include Hidden branches, so I won't sync all of my Someday/Maybes, only the active tasks.

To do this, create an MLO view showing what you want to sync, then go to File: Outlook Synchronization... and click on Advanced, and choose your new view under "Remove Tasks from Outlook not visible in the MLO Todo view:" . But - be careful as it really does delete the task in Outlook so file attachments etc will get lost.
lstroyan

Posted: Nov 07, 2009
Score: -1 Reference
(I realize the original poster was looking for a direct way, not using Outlook, but I've not found one).

I made backups of both my Outlook and MLO data files today, and populated my Toodledo from Outlook. (I used "Manual Sync" to speed up the process since it only does 25 at a time).

Once it was going smoothly, I opened MLO and kicked off sync from both at the same time. This was with Toodledo getting 25 new tasks and MLO trying to sync several updates since it was last opened.

Other than (or perhaps because of) the MLO sync basically "waiting" for Toodledo to finish, it was all quite smooth. No interference between datafiles at all.

I completed one of the default Toodledo tasks in MLO, and it went through Outlook and showed up as complete in Toodledo, and vice versa.

I'm still struggling with the security. I downloaded the app someone suggested in another thread, but now I'm getting bombarded with choices of things to approve of, even if I say, "Allow this each time". Is that something I just have to live with?

Now since I started this everything is running slowly. I may reboot. But it seems to be a good solution.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.