Search results for "Posted by Ummagumma"
Ummagumma

Posted Jul 10, 2017 in: Major sync issues
Score: -1
Already have one since June. #66907.
Ummagumma

Posted Jul 10, 2017 in: Major sync issues
Score: 0
So I am still having sync issues. That's after deleting all data from Toodledo web and 2Do on the iPad, and re-syncing from iPhone at least twice now.

Basically, what I am seeing is that the two 2Do clients stay in perfect sync using Toodledo, yet Toodledo web gets all tasks duplicated at some point and is no longer syncing them to the mobile clients.

Changes made in 2Do on one device sync to another and to one of the two duplicated tasks in Toodledo. Changes done in Toodledo sync only if I hit the "right" taks out of two. It's like the tasks are getting "forked" at some point with only half of them continuing to sync.

I uninstalled Toodledo mobile clients before the last hickup happened. Looking at my account history, it's only 2Do that has been syncing:

Successful signin
Jul 10, 2017 2:55 pm Unknown
Third-Party App Access (2Do for iPhone)
Jul 10, 2017 12:54 pm Unknown
Third-Party App Access (2Do for iPhone)
Jul 10, 2017 12:46 pm Unknown
Returned. Already signed in
Jul 10, 2017 12:30 pm

This repeats day after day after day.

I can't use Toodledo iOS because of the tiny font size.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !
Ummagumma

Posted Jul 10, 2017 in: Major sync issue...
I have no idea what creates the problem, and I am sure if I ask Toodledo admins I'd be redirected to 2Do support.

Basically, I am syncing 2Do on iPhone and iPad to Toodledo.

I am getting all my tasks duplicated every couple of days.

Except that they ONLY get duplicated on Toodledo web. Both 2Do clients stay perfectly in sync, changes made on one client are reflected on another, yet Toodledo web has two sets of tasks. At some point, it seems one set of tasks stops updating. It's like at some point, Toodledo decides to treat data synced over as new tasks.

I have deleted all tasks from Toodledo Web and from 2Do on one of the devices and re-synced them back at least twice now.

I looked in settings under my account & made sure no other apps have been syncing to it.

I can't use Toodledo iOS apps because of the tiny font size. It makes me squint all the time and not want to use Toodledo at all.

Did anyone ever had a similar problem & found a solution ?

This message was edited Jul 10, 2017.
Ummagumma

Posted by Jake:
You can do this by sorting your list by "Star" first and then "Priority" second.

True, I just wanted to suggest making it an option so that it wouldn't have to be done manually on each device.

Posted by pawelkaleta:
For me personally it wouldn't be useful as these are different dimensions.

This is why it should be an option. For me, Star is the highest form of priority ("Do now").

This message was edited Jul 05, 2017.
Ummagumma

Many if not most people treat "Starred" as "Do Today" so having this option would be extremely useful
Ummagumma

Posted Jul 02, 2017 in: Moving lots of tasks to subtask ...
This may be possible by exporting the tasks to Excel, making changes there, and re-importing? Just thinking out loud.
Ummagumma

Wouldn't it make sense for the Quick Add to use email syntax ? Many users know it by heart, and it seems far more reasonable to use the same syntax for both the email and Quick Add, than to force the users to memorize two ways of doing the same thing on the same service.
Ummagumma

Posted Jun 29, 2017 in: Offline access?
TaskUnifier is free and syncs to Toodledo.

I can't get it connected via proxy at work, so I am not using it. I did try it at home, and it seems like a very decent app that covers most of Toodledo's features.

The only thing I didn't like was the startup speed - it's written in Java so if you cold-start it + have it set up to sync on startup that good 10-15 sec before you have task access. But if you just keep it running in the tray, not an issue.

(if anyone knows how to make TaskUnifier work with autoproxy configuration, this would be a great time to pitch in...)
Ummagumma

Posted Jun 28, 2017 in: Subtasks - can this be done ?
Can this be done, or is it a known limitation ?

Basically, I want the subtasks to stay hidden / collapsed under their master task by default, unless they meed the row filtering criteria.

I.e. if I have

Master due in 3 weeks
A no due date
B due the day after tomorrow
C no due date

I want to only see Master (A, B, C collapsed) when I open the task view sorted by Priority, but I want B shown under it's day header when I resort by due date (with A and C remaining collapsed under Master task).

Instead, no matter what I do, I either see all of them expanded by default, or all hidden by default. I can only achieve the view I want by manually collapsing Master. Seems since this can be done manually, this should be possible to do by default ?

Am I doing something wrong, or is it a limitation ?

This message was edited Jun 28, 2017.
Ummagumma

Posted Jun 28, 2017 in: Using Start Time to Hide Future Tasks
I just recently started to use 2Do with Toodledo. And it works in exactly that way - I can snooze a tag, and the task will disappear, but it will re-appear on due date. I think at this point 2Do is a far better mobile companion to Toodledo than their own mobile app.

Another trick may be to set the task to negative priority, hide negative priority tasks, and set up an alarm (assuming you are using a paid plan). Not sure how reliable this is.
Ummagumma

Posted Jun 26, 2017 in: Major sync issues
Posted by Jake:
Your question is about a 3rd party tool that syncs with Toodledo. Please contact the company that makes that software for assistance.

Jake, no offense but did you even read the original post ?

The tasks in Toodledo MOBILE APPS were DIFFERENT from TOODLEDO WEB. It wasn't just 2Do related.

The Toodledo clients on the iPhone and iPad had the same data as 2Do on my iPhone, but different from what was in Toodledo web. The 2Do on my iPad had the same data as Toodledo web. They were all syncing to the same account. Even taking 2Do out of equation, I have Toodledo on the iPhone = Toodledo on the iPad =/= Toodledo web even though they all sync to the same account. I don't see how that's a 3rd party issue - do you ?

I have since reset the tasks on the web, turned off sync in both Toodledo clients, and used the tasks in my 2Do iPhone app to repopulate the web account. I am afraid that if I turn the sync in Toodledo iOS apps on again, I will end up with the same issues.
Ummagumma

Posted Jun 26, 2017 in: Major sync issues
I just submitted a support ticket.

I have 2do and Toodledo on 2 devices (iPhone and iPad) syncing to the same account.

As of this morning they were all the same.

Earlier today, I switched to the new task layout and immediately had major duplication issues. I reverted back and now I am missing tasks.

As of now, after much syncing / resyncing, my Toodledo on both devices and 2Doon the iPhone appear to have identical information save for one tasks that appears in both Toodledo mobile clients but doesn't sync over to 2Do. However, none of them match website. The 2Do on my iPad matches the website but doesn't match the rest of mobile clients. E.g. my top-level "Work" folder has 14 tasks on mobile but only 1 on the webpage. My Personal folder has major task duplication in both 2Do and Toodledo mobile clients yet no duplication on the webpage.

To summarize:

2Do on the iPhone = Toodledo on the iPhone = Toodledo on the iPad and different from Toodledo web

2Do on the iPad = Toodledo web but different from the rest of mobile clients.

Something is seriously broken.

Need help from Toodledo ASAP !

This message was edited Jun 26, 2017.
Ummagumma

Posted Jun 24, 2017 in: Outlook Plug-in a possibility?
Score: 1
Posted by Michael_49:
I Agree! What I've done to speed the process of sending Outlook emails to Toodledo is to create "Quick Steps" in Outlook. It will automatically send the email to your Toodledo account. You can also build Toodeldo syntax into the subject line (i.e *work !!!)

Just an idea...and another work around...

Emailing the tasks is a bandaid solution, it helps with task creation but that's it. There's a lot of added functionality and convenience when you have actual syncing tasks in Outlook.

However, with all of it's limitations, Toodledo is the service I keep coming back to. I've tried nearly all of them.

This message was edited Jun 24, 2017.
Ummagumma

Posted Jun 24, 2017 in: Pocket Informant vs 2do
So, I felt the need to come back and update this post.

Now that iPhone 2Do has it's own basic Calendar, I've been using it for about 3 weeks now as my only calendar and task manager.

I tried it first with Toodledo, then Reminders, then went back to Toodledo.

2Do and Toodledo work together like nothing else out there. I'd say 2Do + Toodledo web, even without the calendar module, is a better match than Toodledo app + Toodledo web. The developer just seems to think like I do... everything makes sense. Toodledo has the same task managing concept, but I find their mobile app hard to use.

For checking the today's tasks and appointments with a quick glance, I use the combination of Apple Calendar widget and 2Do widget with a smart view defined.

The biggest issue I ran into is that the background sync is very unreliable - it may update in 10 minutes, or 3 hours, or a day. So opening 2Do and manually refreshing is still needed, I can't just add a task in Toodledo web and expect it to appear on my 2Do Today widget immediately. To be fair, I don't believe Informant widget updated in real time, either.

Not sure if reminders set up in Toodledo web are syncing to 2Do, either.

I don't use attachments, rather prefer to paste links to Google Drive.

Otherwise, it's the perfect Toodledo client. A lot of it's functionality could probably be replicated in Informant, but Informant has a very cluttered interface (mainly due to it primarily being a Calendar) and a labor intensive way of creating custom filters.

This message was edited Jun 24, 2017.
Ummagumma

Posted Jun 23, 2017 in: Removing Pagination on Tasks Beta
Posted by pawelkaleta:
IMHO it is a bad idea for any numbers of tasks per page set. I don't know what is the percentage of users having such huge number of tasks on their list but I really doubt loading and scrolling of them all on one list is efficient for anyone.

As bad as scrolling a list is, it's way better than having to flip through the pages, plus it preserves the visual continuity.

So probably most of users split their lists by Contexts or Folders and THAT play the role of pagination.

Can't speak for most, but I do both. I use folders / tags / priorities to break down my tasks for actual plan execution, but there's no way for me to avoid working with a large single master task list for at least some part of high-level planning. Which is why I need to preserve the integrity of this list without the program forcing me to break it in a way that does not feel natural to me.

Maybe you could enable pagination in 'All Tasks' view only? Or please make the number of displayed tasks per page customizable, with an option to allow as many tasks user wants and if someone wants more than 2000 then sorry, has to wait longer.

Or just make pagination a user option.

And it's not 2000 tasks we're talking about. Currently, I have 167 tasks in my work task master list. And on my laptop, only about 25 or so fit on screen at the same time. So scrolling is inevitable.
Ummagumma

Posted Jun 23, 2017 in: Outlook Plug-in a possibility?
Score: 4
Posted by Rob:

I agree with those folks who have stated that Toodledo is the BEST to-do solution on the market. If only it could plug itself into people's typical desktop ecosystem.

To be blunt, the Toodledo provides the top professional grade task management system with an amateur level access.

The vast majority of people who need all the bells and whistles that Toodeldo offers have demanding day jobs with emails and tasks that are locked into Outlook / Exchange. Emailing these tasks to Toodledo or manually copying is labor intensive and distracting from the task at hand.

Develop a plugin, make it a purchase option. It would serve you better than all of these extra modules like Habits or Lists.
Ummagumma

Posted Jun 22, 2017 in: Will 2Do sync in background ?
Posted by Jake:
Our API allows each app to make 1000 API requests per hour, per user. Each API call can edit up to 50 tasks or download up to 1000 tasks. So, each hour you can edit 50,000 tasks or download 1,000,000 tasks before being restricted. We feel like our API restriction is very generous and should allow for any app to sync whatever it needs to sync while at the same time protecting our servers from abuse. I will reach out to 2Do and see if we can work something out.

Please do ! As I said, there's a real synergy in using 2Do with Toodledo, together they provide an awesome experience.
Ummagumma

Posted by Jake:
There is nothing that I am aware of with Toodledo that would prevent 2Do from syncing whenever they want.

Here's what they have on 2Do website:

Automatic background sync is not available as an option. You will have to click on the Sync button each time you wish to sync. This is because Toodledo puts a limit on the number of times a device can sync (along with the number of tasks that it can sync at one time) and will suspend the account if it’s syncing too often.

https://www.2doapp.com/kb/article/which-sync-method-should-i-use.html

Looks like this was last updated in November 2016.

I think it's in the best interests of both parties to have this worked out, since your service and his app really complement each other and if they work properly, more people would be inclined to use Toodledo as well as 2Do. Unfortunately, the Toodledo mobile app is a bit underwhelming...
Ummagumma

>iOS version does background refresh...

Not frequently, at least it refreshed nothing for over an hour, after which I broke down & changed it to sync with Reminders.

I would kill to have a working automatic Toodledo-2Do sync.
Ummagumma

2Do developer states that the limitation of Toodledo is preventing them from automatically syncing the tasks. At the same time, they have an article about background sync that is apparently very infrequent.

So, for those using 2Do - will it sync in background (eventually) or is the syncronization strictly manual ? If so this may be a problem for me. I need to be able to enter a task on my laptop and have it alert me on my phone without having to constantly manually refresh.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22      Next