ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Dave"
Dave

Posted Aug 30, 2014 in: URL in task s
Score: 0
  • Dave
  • Posted: Aug 30, 2014
  • Score: 0
Just put them in the notes area and they are clickable.
Dave

Posted Jul 24, 2014 in: New Section: Lists
  • Dave
  • Posted: Jul 24, 2014
Jake, when you said to access lists through the site on the phone, did you mean the mobile site? I can't pull them up. Thanks
Dave

• Dave
  • Posted: Feb 17, 2014
Whatever works for you. As long as it is simple enough to use on a daily basis. I think most of the time when David Allen or others respond with the GTD religion to a question is when someone comes to the table with some overly complex solution that you can tell will never work on a daily basis. Within this forum there topics where people post their GTD system and I can't imagine how much time and thought it would take to maintain on a daily basis. It adds work, not reduces it.

Give your solution a try and make changes as you go if needed. That is the best part of Toodledo for me is the ability to remove areas/features that I really don't need.
Dave

• Dave
  • Posted: Feb 11, 2014
I would have a gallery list that you review weekly. This really isn't a task in my book. I do like the seperate calendar idea from Jason, but just a simple list with dates would be my way. That way it is very easy to reference.
Dave

• Dave
  • Posted: Feb 10, 2014
Not sure what your question is. Are these projects that you could use a task/subtask setup or folder for? That way you wouldn't need to use due dates at all. For my tasks that I want to accomplish in a week (I decide these during my weekly reviews) I use a goal called "weekly" and put my main tasks to accomplish that week in it.
Dave

Posted Jan 29, 2014 in: Best Android App(s)?
  • Dave
  • Posted: Jan 29, 2014
Pretty sure that outlines and lists aren't part of the api so none of the apps can take advantage of them for now.
Dave

Posted Jan 28, 2014 in: Best Android App(s)?
  • Dave
  • Posted: Jan 28, 2014
The new Toodledo app is a great start. I am sticking with Ultimate Todo List for the saved searches, clickable links, and tasks added to calendar. Wouldn't be surprised if the official app catches up quick though.
Dave

Posted Jan 28, 2014 in: Auotomatically change task status
  • Dave
  • Posted: Jan 28, 2014
Doesnt the hotlist solve this issue? You can change the settings of it to show tasks due today and next action, etc.
Dave

Posted Jun 06, 2013 in: Toodledo Toosdays: Optional Tasks
Score: 1
  • Dave
  • Posted: Jun 06, 2013
  • Score: 1
I use this feature for tasks that are tied to promotions or coupons so they disappear if I don't use them by the due date. This was a great tip.
Dave

Posted Apr 26, 2013 in: Android sync
  • Dave
  • Posted: Apr 26, 2013
I would contact Pocket Informant with any issues since you are using their program and it has the sync part built in.
Dave

Posted Apr 09, 2013 in: Standard GTD + Searches == Heaven
  • Dave
  • Posted: Apr 09, 2013
Great post! Thanks for sharing. David Allen has said that he isn't a fan of priority but I like how Toodledo uses it alongside importance and it makes sense in your setup. Good idea on negative priority for your projects context.
Dave

Posted Apr 02, 2013 in: Toodledo Toosdays: Bookmarklet
  • Dave
  • Posted: Apr 02, 2013
Must have for gmail users since each email has its own address. You can move the email to a different label after copying the link to a task and the link will still work. Use it daily.
Dave

• Dave
  • Posted: Nov 29, 2012
App looks great on my ipad 2. Thanks for the update. You guys are doing great work!
Dave

Score: 1
  • Dave
  • Posted: Nov 09, 2012
  • Score: 1
mpc_janssen David Allen has spoken many times about not needing to link your projects to tasks. A projects list is all you need since you shouldn't be looking at your projects daily rather only during your weekly review and just your context/NA list daily. He also has spoken about how poor most all GTD apps are since they do too much and folks will get bogged down with managing tasks and trying to find a way to automate everything which usually doesn't last long till they give up. This has been discussed many times on here, but since a small % of people actually know what a forum is, the audience here is mostly us tech nerds who try to over complicate things. This is one of the main reasons I like Toodledo, I can simplify it very easily by removing features. Dave talks about managing 100 projects with over a hundreds NAs very easily on paper.
Dave

Posted Oct 02, 2012 in: GTD projects in Toodledo
Score: -1
  • Dave
  • Posted: Oct 02, 2012
  • Score: -1
Thanks for the feedback.

Two grocery apps that I dig are OurGroceries since it syncs with almost every type of phone(my wife has a Blackberry), and Listmaker is a good iOS one since it is supposed to be used with a second Toodledo account exclusivly for lists as a complement to the developer's GTD app called Action Lists. Sounds just like what you are doing.

Hope that helps.
Dave

Posted Oct 02, 2012 in: GTD projects in Toodledo
  • Dave
  • Posted: Oct 02, 2012
Salgud, do you use TD on a smartphone? If so is it easy to manage projects using tasks/subtasks? That has been my issue with using that setup.
Dave

Posted Sep 30, 2012 in: GTD projects in Toodledo
  • Dave
  • Posted: Sep 30, 2012
I am in the same place you are. I wanted to use tasks for projects with sub tasks being the steps for each one, but if I enter a new task on my mobile app there isn't a way to add this to the project unless you go to the project itself to add the task. Look forward to hearing other people's advice on this.
Dave

Posted Sep 27, 2012 in: Android app supporting start dates
  • Dave
  • Posted: Sep 27, 2012
I would recommend Ultimate to do list and Due Today. Ultimate to do list is pretty much exactly like Toodledo online. VERY customizable, especially the hotlist. I own both but find myself using Due Today more since I feel it is just an easier app to work with and better interface. Ultimate has a 2 week trial and Due Today has a free version that is a bit limited. Give both a try and see which you like more.
Dave

Posted Sep 21, 2012 in: Omnifocus to Toodledo
  • Dave
  • Posted: Sep 21, 2012
You can store it in the browser for offline use with m.toodledo.com.
Dave

Posted Sep 17, 2012 in: The 'thought' context
  • Dave
  • Posted: Sep 17, 2012
For me this all falls under the @Review context. Then you can write in what exactly you need to do. I also use articles to read or emails you need to look at again.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10      Next