ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by earnjam"
earnjam

Posted Dec 27, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
Score: 0
  • earnjam
  • Posted: Dec 27, 2010
  • Score: 0
That's bizarre Peter. What is your setup (browser version, OS, etc)?

verivox, you're not missing anything. I hid the whole bottom section of the navigation because I found it unnecessary in day to day use. It's probably good to have the Help & News link in the TOC menu, though, so I'll add it on the next update.
earnjam

Posted Dec 26, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
  • earnjam
  • Posted: Dec 26, 2010
Hmm...they are working fine for me on both browsers.

This may be a dumb question and forgive me if it is, but you did click them, right? They look like typical hover options on a native app menu because of the arrows, but unfortunately without using JavaScript, I can't make them function that way. The arrows were just to show that there are additional menu options under those selections.
earnjam

Posted Dec 25, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
  • earnjam
  • Posted: Dec 25, 2010
Just pushed out a Christmas update for everyone.

=============
Highlights:
- STYLE NOW SUPPORTS The Multi-Edit UserScript (Moved Collaborators, Filters Menus on ToDo List pages and Multi-Edit Menu on Search page to bottom left corner)
- Fixed style so that it does not break Toodledo Slim for Gmail plugin
- Changed Tab overflow on left to allow for scroll bar in case tabs extend off bottom of screen
- Added background color and very small shadow to notes
- Fixed styling on all of the hover states and pop-up action items
=============

As a result of fixing the styling on the slim version of the site, I have unstyled a few elements on sub-pages accessible from the TOC Menu, but it's nothing major. Just a few things to work on with the next update.

Enjoy!
earnjam

Posted Dec 23, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
  • earnjam
  • Posted: Dec 23, 2010
Posted by piyush_soni:
One thing I noticed:
The 'Plus' and 'Minus' signs in the tasks lists should be the opposite of what they are right now. Shouldn't they? Currently they do collapse and expand respectively, but should do the opposite. They are correct for the other panels and links like 'Collaborators' and 'Filters' etc.

Other suggestions:
1). The internal notes section of any task (class name: "note") is currently the same background color as the page. Could you add a 'little' hint of some other color (grayish?) for their background so that they are more distinguishable than the rest of tasks? I am not qualified enough to suggest how to do that though :).

2). I would still love a hint of any kind of a separator between two tasks. The fine dotted line which was there in the original ToodleDo was fine enough, though I don't know what majority feels about that. Again, any kind of divider/separator you decide would be better than I do.

3). Some buttons in forums like 'Search this topic', 'Search All forums', 'Edit Post' are still the old style.

Even without these it looks very professional and nice! Thanks for that again.

Regarding +/- icons...great point! I didn't even notice that, haha. I just pushed out a quick update that fixes that.

Regarding Suggestions:
1) I was working on this very thing, but trying to decide how best to implement. I'll try something in the next update.
2) I originally went for the sort of wide open Omnifocus style with no dividers, but I see what you mean. I'll try a few options for dividers and see what looks best.
3) I just haven't gotten around to styling all of the forum elements yet, as my main priority was the actual ToDo list. I'm going to do that and also work on making the top menu bar that is on the To-Do List now show on more pages and move some of the individual page links up to that area as needed (For example: in the forum...Your Profile, Your Watchlist, etc.)

Posted by piyush_soni:
Bug :)

Same exists for Folders and Goals as well.

Yep, I noticed that one right after I updated it. All of those boxes use the same #addtask div ID for some reason, so they took the style of the submit button. I will have more individual buttons for the various sections in the next update.

Also I accidentally dropped the styling on a few pop-up boxes on my last update for some reason (Task Action, Tags, DueDate, etc). Those will be fixed with the next update.

I'm hoping to get some time to work on it and get the next big round of updates out sometime this weekend, but I'll post on here when it's up.
earnjam

• earnjam
Ok, thought that was probably the case...couldn't figure out what he was talking about.

I'll install it when I get home tonight and take a look. Can't imagine it will be too hard to work around.

I do have your Search Tab Counts script installed and checked to make sure it worked, but hadn't gotten around to doing the Multi-Edit script yet.
earnjam

Posted Dec 23, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: 2
  • earnjam
  • Score: 2
You know what is sad? I did this in one day (with a few extra hours on subsequent days for bug fixes).

Yet despite a pretty large vocal discontent with the aesthetics of the website...there have been no big improvements.

The thing is, the hooks are already there! They have ID and Class tags on almost everything...The hard part is already done. The HTML is (for the most part) pretty sound. I did this all with just CSS. It's just a matter of loading a new stylesheet. They don't have to change the functionality or their PHP code at all.

All they have to do is find someone who will design them something attractive. The biggest concern would be that it turns off anyone who prefers the current look, however that is easy to avoid by allowing users to switch back to original theme under Account Settings. And that wouldn't be very difficult to implement, since they already offer the ability to choose your theme.

I wonder what group is bigger...the number of visitors who don't use Toodledo because of the less than desirable aesthetics, or those who would leave if it was changed.
earnjam

• earnjam
Can you give me a screenshot of what you're referring to? Do you have the Multi-Edit Tasks UserScript installed...is something from that?
earnjam

Posted Dec 22, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo Focus
  • earnjam
  • Posted: Dec 22, 2010
If you want the tasks to spread to the full window size, on the #main div:

1) Delete the line that says "right:auto !important;"
2) Change "margin-right:auto !important;" to "margin-right:5px !important;" (This just adds a little space on the right side to get it away from the scrollbar once it is full-screen...eliminates an unnecessary bottom scroll bar)
earnjam

Posted Dec 21, 2010 in: How to sync from Web interface?
  • earnjam
  • Posted: Dec 21, 2010
The tasks added/edited on you phone were stored on your phone, so they would have to be synced from there.

The iPhone app syncs to the Toodledo database, not the other way around. The website would have no way of going to a device (in this case, your iPhone) and pulling the data off of it.

Also, you can just click Refresh or Reload on the website after you've performed the sync from your phone. You don't need to close it and reopen.

This message was edited Dec 21, 2010.
earnjam

Posted Dec 21, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo Focus
  • earnjam
  • Posted: Dec 21, 2010
1) Download Fluid and create a Fluid app for Toodledo.
2) With your Toodledo Fluid app open, click the scripts icon in the top menu and select Open Userscripts Folder.
3) Download this JavaScript file to that folder: http://userstyles.org/styles/userjs/40980/Toodledo%20Focus.user.js
4) Click the scripts menu icon again and click the Toodledo Focus style
5) Refresh the app (Cmd+R)
earnjam

Posted Dec 20, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
  • earnjam
  • Posted: Dec 20, 2010
Thanks for the comments everyone!

twangus, go right ahead and pull out whatever ideas or CSS you want. The great themes from you, VinTom and nonimage are what inspired me to attempt this.

Sometime later this week, I might try to add some comments to my code so that people can easily pull out the parts they need or want to reuse. I need to condense a few sections anyway....the code has grown so much that some of it has become redundant.
earnjam

Posted Dec 18, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: -1
  • earnjam
  • Posted: Dec 18, 2010
  • Score: -1
twangus, I'm with you on the idea that Toodledo needs a UI overhaul, mainly for aesthetic reasons. I've always stop using it because of the not-so-pretty web interface, however, I always come back because I think it's the best web-based ToDo system out there.

I really like your Focus user style. You have definitely done well with the goal of having the tasks stand out more than the hundreds of settings and options Toodledo has.

I got inspired by the great themes built by you, vintom and nonimage to build a user style myself. I've always wanted a good desktop Toodledo App for my Mac, but have never found one, so I decided to build a style that more closely mimicked a MacOS desktop app interface. Just started it on Thursday, but I think it is mostly complete.

It's probably too much for some people just searching for a simplified version of the normal theme, but if you're looking for something more like Omnifocus or similar desktop apps, this might be a good option for you.

If you check it out, let me know what you think!

http://userstyles.org/styles/41218

earnjam

Posted Dec 18, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
  • earnjam
  • Posted: Dec 18, 2010
I fixed the Filter dropdown menu...same thing as the Contexts, I just didn't test them since I didn't have them in my view. They're working now.

Also after adding everything to the view, I noticed another small bug. The column headers didn't scroll horizontally with the tasks when the page was too wide. (Only in Grid Format)

I've adjusted it so that they will move horizontally with the tasks now, however that means that if you don't have experimental scrolling enabled, the column headers will slide up behind the toolbars when you scroll down. This isn't a huge issue, since that is what Toodledo default theme does when you don't have experimental scrolling on (columns scroll up off the screen), but I think from a usability standpoint it would be better to view the column headers all the time.

I'll continue to try and figure out a solution, but for now the best method is to turn on experimental scrolling.

For anyone who doesn't know how to enable experimental scrolling:
Account Settings > Show Tasks as: > Top is fixed and tasks scroll
earnjam

Posted Dec 17, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
  • earnjam
  • Posted: Dec 17, 2010
Ah, good call. Didn't think about a few of those views I have hidden (goals, contexts, etc). I made a quick adjustment and believe I've fixed them, but haven't had a chance to test. I'll check tomorrow, but if you apply the update, I think they should work.
earnjam

Posted Dec 17, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
  • earnjam
  • Posted: Dec 17, 2010
Thanks Peter. I don't use the search function a whole lot, so I didn't think about the fact that it hid when viewing saved searches. I've fixed it now. I still need to tweak a couple of things to get it pixel perfect, but the functionality works correctly now at least.

I also fixed the multi-edit link issue.
earnjam

Posted Dec 16, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
Score: 1
  • earnjam
  • Posted: Dec 16, 2010
  • Score: 1
For quick reference, here are the screenshots I posted on UserStyles.org

This message was edited Dec 17, 2010.
earnjam

Posted Dec 16, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
Score: 1
  • earnjam
  • Posted: Dec 16, 2010
  • Score: 1
I've used a few different user styles with Toodledo, but I always grew tired of them after a few weeks of use. I was always craving more of a smoother, desktop-like experience. So yesterday I decided I was going to attempt to make a Toodledo user style that more closely mimicked a native MacOS application.

After a day of work, I have finished version 1.0 and have loaded it on UserStyles.org. I thought I'd post it here also to get some feedback and see what everyone thought.

I have tried to accommodate a variety of different viewing methods, however, Toodledo is so robust that it is difficult to cater to everyone's style of use. If you see a problem, let me know and I'll attempt to fix it. Please keep in mind, though, that there is only so much that can be done with just the CSS. I'm still ultimately limited by the HTML of the site.

I've done testing in both Chrome and Firefox and it seems to work well in both.

http://userstyles.org/styles/41218

Hope you enjoy!

This message was edited Dec 17, 2010.
Skip to Page:  1   2