ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by gideonkaplan"
gideonkaplan

Score: 0
Hi Folks,
Over the last few days toodledo for iphone's badge wasn't behaving properly, so I went to check for updates on the apple store
I got the latest and now syncing on startup seems to be broken
It wont sync unless I manually switch to settings, then hit the sync button on the upper right
I have mine set to sync on all the three choices in the synchronization prefs
I tried turning off all the sync prefs, bouncing and turning them on and bouncing again and still no worky

I haven't tried deleting the app and re dl-ing it again, but I will loose my layouts, etc
I had to do that the last cycle of the software release and it was inconvenient

iphone v is 3.1.3 (7E18)

Anyone else experiencing the same?
gideonkaplan

Badge not working for me on iphone 3xx and toodledo 2.0.1
gideonkaplan

That does not sound unreasonable and I did delete some of the completed tasks from 2008
(Hey at least I'm a power user)
But something changed recently making the app much slower/unable to complete
It worked a few days ago... before tasks/notebook was combined
I've been using the app for a few years and can't be the only person who is running into this problem since the iphone app changed

BTW I purged all my data and it's not fetching all of my 300-400 or so active tasks

PS: the watching alert emails are not working (checked my google mail spam folder too)
gideonkaplan

Hi All,
I already created a ticket, wonder if anyone else experiences the same prob
I dont remember when this started, but I just updated the toodledo vers today and it also was present before todays update

Ticket #10845
Subject Processing tasks bar never completes
Created Jun 28, 2010 02:51 pm
Product Toodledo on iPhone
Status Open
Browser Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_8; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.16 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0 Safari/533.16

Bug Report:
ui is still responsive
iphone just goes to sleep after a while
I tried on wifi and 3g
toodledo 2.0.1
iphone os 3.1.3 (7e18)
I haven't tried purging all data and reloading
gideonkaplan

Thanks, the issue is that I want to quickly drill down to all the sibling tasks, but I only know a keyword of as subtask
Right now there's no easy way to do that

Were you able to reproduce this issue using a simple cat/dog/fish task

"- click on icon, now everything is hidden, no parent or siblings (this is definitely a bug)"
gideonkaplan

I appreciate the responsiveness but too many clicks and mouse across the screen movement and it's counter intuitive
there should be a 1 click way to get a handle to the parent w/o the "search" filter
like how the iphone app works

also

starting from the beginning
- main screen
- click quicksearch
- type in dog (only dog comes up, not the parent, but this behaves differently if search is repeated...story for another time)
- hover over the parent icon, shows "This is a subtask, Click on icon to show parent"
- click on icon, now everything is hidden, no parent or siblings (this is definitely a bug)

Note, once it's hidden, there is no further do search button anywhere
- I can delete the last character of dog in the search box, which triggers a new search
Now I see the parent cat and the subtask dog (remember before I only saw dog, doing the exact same search)
- add the g back to dog and triggers a new search, now I see cat and dog
- click on icon again and it hides 1 of the 2 shown subtasks
- click on icon again and only shows dog, but fish is still a sibiling

- basically clicking on the icon should show all the siblings and discard the search filter , but leave all other filters (like -1pri, completed, etc)
gideonkaplan

i tried that, search dog, hover and click perm link, and it does not work, just shows the dog task by itself on a "new search" tab

clicking on the parent icon, show just the cat parent and none of the sibilings
gideonkaplan

I have about 300 tasks
about 145 of them are negative 1 priority
So I don't have mental clutter, a GTD principle :)
There's a filter icon on one of the sub screens, but I don't want to do the math, total badge count - filters = active tasks

The web ui shows all tasks (300) and 155 right below it in the All tab, where 155 is the number of unfiltered task
The iphone app shows how many are filtered (145)inside the filters button, that's not really useful info
I want to see 155 in the iphone home screen badge page, not the total count
That active task number is what is really important

Thx
G

This message was edited Mar 03, 2010.
gideonkaplan

Posted Mar 03, 2010 in: iphone - a "Home" button on all screens
right now you have to back out on any viewing on sub tasks to return home
that can involve a few clicks and screen re-rendering and time
there seems to be enough screen real estate to put a tiny "H" button to return to main screen
an house icon may work too

It would be very useful and a time saver

thx
G
gideonkaplan

Posted Mar 03, 2010 in: Forums now have a watchlist
Score: 1
can we have the option of email notifications when a response is posted on a watched topic

this is almost a given in every other forum in existence
gideonkaplan

any updates on this? I am sure it would prove pretty useful to others
gideonkaplan

this may be related to , but existed b4 and still remains
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/5087/-2/subtasks-due-today-win-projectw-no-due-date-hidden.html#end

Filters in place
- hide -1 pri
- hide completed tasks

parent folder (project) named cat
subtask named dog
subtask named fish
quicksearch for dog

you will see the parent, cat
and the child, dog

click on parent icon
you would think it should expand to show all the subtasks, but it just hides the searched on one, in this case, dog
clicking a second time just expands to show dog again
there's only a turn off filters link all the way at the bottom, and that resets the whole page

Basically, I'd like to see all the subtasks in a project, but I only know one, by keyword
There's no way to view all the subtasks in a project if search by one of them
You have to either redo search by keyword of parent, or do a full view of all the records (what's the point of searching if you do that?)

This has been an issue for quite some time

When you search on the iphone app, it gives you a button to to the parent, and then a button to view all subtasks

It seems after you've found the parent, the search no longer applies, which is good

That is how the web ui should work, otherwise you have to do multiple searches, or full dataset eyeball scan, grrr..

winxp google chrome latests

G
gideonkaplan

yes this is fixed, but there is a another one related to searching and subtasks, that pre-existed b4 this recent one and still remains
i'll create a separate post on steps to reproduce
do we get complimentary year subscription for volunteer qa:)?
gideonkaplan

I'm a pro user, with two accounts (linked for collaboration)
View is Main, sorted by due date, 2 filter (-1 priority, and hide completed)
Subtasks flattened
(no other filters or sorting in place)
I have a subtask due today
When I click on the project icon (on the left), it (the subtask, becomes hidden) and the parent (w/o a due date is shown)
It seems the due today task and the parent (and other subtasks should all be shown)

I tried all three ways of showing subtasks, flattened, hidden, indented, none work

Below the now partially hidden project I see nested text and link
"Some subtasks are hidden because of your filters. Turn off filters"

When I click on link, i see the due today task as well as all the completed subtasks (which I don't want to see)
I have to then go back and click on the global Hide -1 priority filter as it's been disabled

I can do a screen share with toodledo support if they care

I'm using winxp google chrome, latest version
It behaves the same in ie7 too

This message was edited Mar 02, 2010.
gideonkaplan

say you assign to another pro user, how do you know when/if they completed the task?
gideonkaplan

We both have pro accounts with full permissions and have added each other as collaborators

Steps
I create a recurring monthly task and assign to another another user
I'd like to see when they are done

It seems once I assign, it disappears from my list

Is there a way to see the status of that task, basically keeping track of that particular(s) task? (I'd rather not look at all their tasks)

Can I get a notification once they have completed? without them doing any additional emails?
gideonkaplan

seems the iphone had lost connectivity over 3g, altho i thought it was working before

bouncing it fixed connectivity the prob and now syncing works

sorry for false alarm
gideonkaplan

Posted Sep 02, 2009 in: Todo App vs. Toodledo App. (iPhone)
did todo ever figure out the negative priority thing -1
I've had both and if you set to -1 on the web interface todo looses track of it, making it all but useless (task count differs between web and iphone app, then what's the point of syncing...)

I posted a thread on their forums too
i still have them both installed, but use toodledo iphone app now

does toodledo iphone app allow you to create or move tasks to subtasks yet if it it wasn't already created in the web ui?
I haven't been able to figure that one out yet

todo does
gideonkaplan

Using toodledo iphone app 1.5.3 on iphone 3.0 OS
Anyone else getting this today?
It works all the other times, just started seeing this error this morning around 9am california time
Nothing has changed on my side
website appears to work
gideonkaplan

I don't think I've been able to figure it out
Seems the only way to check if another post has been added to a forum is to save the url somehow and check back

It should email you automatically if you choose to subscribe
Almost all other forums do this

Thanks,
G
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next