ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
davidholliday

Posted Jan 05, 2010 in: put "no folder" up
Score: 0
Posted by donericoson:
I would love to be able to rename "no folder" to "Inbox" and put it at the top. In fact I think that most users would like this setup so it might make sense for toodledo to have it that way by design (easier than making it changeable).
After all, every new task created is really in the inbox, no?
Any thoughts?

Agree - that is just how I would prefer it to be.
davidholliday

Score: 1
Posted by javierplumey:
Posted by Quang:
+1 Windows Mobile

Evernote would be cool, but I don't see the connection. Unless we are talking about syncing Notes!

Syncing Task Notes? & Notebook Pages?

Yes, that would be ideal. Two-way sync for notes within Evernote would be great. Frankly I think the Nozbe integration is all wrong. It's great that you can view related material, but I'm more concerned about the Note itself. Their integration is read only, which is pretty useless if you ask me.

I agree that two-way sync with Evernote would be very nice, but I could certainly use the same kind of integration that Nozbe has done, I'd love to have a way to keep all the items related to my projects together.

I've tried to use the TD notes for this, but obviously it is too limited to help a huge amount.

So please count me in as another vote for some level of Evernote integration!
davidholliday

I also own Toodledo, Todo and PI. I was always a huge fan of PI on Windows Mobile, but I find I don't use it all on my iPhone.

Currently, I use Todo for tasks, Appigo notebook for notes and the default Apple calendar - I sync this to Google Calendar and back to Outlook on my PC.

The lack of subtasks is the killer for me when it comes to PI - I'm sure it is only a matter of time before this is included, but it is a shame that it has taken so long to make PI into a full featured organizer.

It seems to me that there is still an opportunity for someone to come out with the ultimate PIM app for iPhone. All of the current ones have their good points, but there is no killer PIM in the way we came to expect on WM or POS.

Oh, it seems subtasks is the second most requested feature for PI, but it isn't on the short term roadmap. Come on Alex, what's the problem?

This message was edited Aug 27, 2009.
davidholliday

Glad to have Toodledo back. Jake, you handled this very well. I am luck enugh to have my data living in my iPhone as well so this wasn't a big deal for me personally.

Really good news that everyone's data is restored and nothing lost.
davidholliday

Posted Mar 30, 2009 in: Toodledo with iPhone
Posted by tedpenner:
Also, what about Pocket Informant? Anyone used that?

I have Pocket Informant as well, but as Anders pointed out the task management isn't there yet.

The calendar part is much better, although I actually still prefer the built-in Apple calendar (I can't believe I'm saying that, but it's true!)

When WebIS get the tasks under control - subtask support is needed for a start - I'll maybe look at using PI. Until then, my copy is gathering digital dust and I'm sticking with Toodledo iPhone app.
davidholliday

Posted Mar 29, 2009 in: Toodledo is not for GTD
Score: 1
Hey Toodledo dudes, I totally agree with proximo regarding the use of sub-tasks. I'd love to see sub-task implemented the way suggested. It would make a great tool even better.
davidholliday

Posted Feb 28, 2009 in: Access notebook from iPhone app
bitlink, if you get the Appigo Notebook app for your iPhone it will let you do what you want.

I have this and it syncs with Toodledo nicely.
davidholliday

Posted Feb 08, 2009 in: Outlook Calendar
I don't believe you can do this using Toodledo.

What I do is use the Google sync thingy to sync my Outlook calendar to Google Calendar, then I use NuevaSync to sync Google Calendar to my iPhone calendar.

I've been using this for a few months and it works perfectly.
davidholliday

Posted Jan 20, 2009 in: Notes on iPhone app
If you open a task on the iPhone there is a button right at the bottom to add or read notes.
davidholliday

Posted Jan 19, 2009 in: Which iPhone app?
Posted by melchiz1:
I have both and prefer the toodledo app , but I'm also anxiously awaiting a new app called " pocket informant " that I used in my windows mobile days . It's supposed to be released at the end of the month

the task manager part is reportedly going to sync with toodledo as an option .. no affiliation with the developer just a very satisfied customer over the years .

I'm also waiting on Pocket Informant. I've been a fan for years and the fact the iPhone version will sync with Toodledo is a nice bonus.

Posted by frossie:

If you use Notes, Appigo notebook works well, it is cheaper than their todo app, and there is no alternative, AFAIK.

Agree, the Appigo Notebook app is really good - one of my most used apps. Syncs perfectly with Toodledo notes.
davidholliday

Posted Jan 18, 2009 in: Which iPhone app?
I have both and use the Toodledo one.

As it happens I prefer everything about the Appigo one other than the fact it doesn't work with sub-tasks at all. Because I have a lot of projects with much the same tasks (we have a wedding photography business so each event has the same steps) my to-do list is a mess in Appigo. Everytime they bring out a new version I check for sub-task support, but it is just never there.

Toodledo is not as pretty and more difficult to read (for me anyway) but it is the winner in functionality.

Both are really good apps - you can't go wrong with either (unless you need those sub-tasks of course!)

This message was edited Jan 18, 2009.
davidholliday

Posted Dec 12, 2008 in: CSV Import and SubTasks
Poo - I thought I had found a nice workaround.
Back to waiting then although the CSV could still save me a bit of time.
Thanks for the info.

This message was edited Dec 12, 2008.
davidholliday

Posted Dec 12, 2008 in: CSV Import and SubTasks
Hi guys,

I was hoping to find some information on this, but the search didn't bring up anything.

Anyway, I'm one of the people hoping to see templates for tasks at some point. In the meantime, I'm going to try and use CSV import to be able to create groups of tasks I need. We have a wedding photography business so I need to have a task with subtasks (basically the same every time) for each event.

I have not found a way to create the task/subtask hierarchy when building my CSV file. I have a feeling this is one of those obvious things that even an idiot would figure out, but I'm stuck right now.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Cheers!
David
davidholliday

Posted Dec 10, 2008 in: Anyone using Dial2Do.com?
Interesting.

I've been using Jott and this does seem to be more accurate at deciphering my mumblings . I'll keep my Jott account for now, but Dial2Do is looking to be very promising.

With the iPhone, the more that can be done by voice, the better.
davidholliday

Posted Nov 18, 2008 in: Feature: iphone calendar integration
Barry, if you use a third party iPhone calendar such as SiaSuke you can sync more than one Google calendar to your phone.

I was using it for a while and synced Toodledo to Google calendar and combined both of them to SiaSuke.

I stopped using it, just because the calendar on the phone just got too messy with so much data synced to it.
Skip to Page:  1   2