ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Mike Thomas"
Mike Thomas

Posted Jan 03, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 1
Posted by tomeryosk:
Just my 2 cents - Toodledo combined with UTDL (ultimate to do list) is the best combo I've found after examining multiple offerings.

UTDL specifically is amazing (e.g. Tasker support), and it appears that it supports only Toodledo & Google Tasks

I haven't tried UTDL with Google Tasks, but I think it's not going to be good enough because the web interface of Google Tasks is just so simplistic - where it UTDL gonna cram all the data it stores? (+no web interface like i have today with toodledo)

Did anyone try UTDL with google tasks and can provide some input about it?

Thanks!

I agree on the combination of Toodledo with Ultimate To-Do List. I've used it for several years and have not enjoyed looking for an alternative.

I tried UTL with Google tasks briefly, but did not like how the tasks are presented on a PC browser (vs. the UTL app).

That said, I saw this in the Google group for UTL this morning (from the author of UTL):
"I'm pleased to announce that we were able to arrange with Toodledo to become an approved partner app. This means that Ultimate To-Do List can continue syncing with free Toodledo accounts, in spite of the changes being rolled out in this new year."
Mike Thomas

Posted Jan 01, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 0
I spoke too soon. The reason I see the new plans in an incognito window is not because of cache, it's because I am not logged in. As soon as I log in, the old plans are displayed.

So there are two different plans pages depending on whether you are logged in or not:
Existing (logged in) users see the old plans (not sure why since it is now 1/1/2019)
Prospective users see the new plans (which makes sense)

And yeah, I agree the plans could still change.
Mike Thomas

Posted Jan 01, 2019 in: Toodledo Update: November 2018
Try an incognito window.

This message was edited Jan 01, 2019.
Mike Thomas

Posted Jan 01, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
I had to use an incognito window to see the new plans (guess I need to clear my cache). Otherwise I still see the old ones.

It appears the main thing I was concerned about (syncing with Ultimate To-Do List on multiple devices) is now allowed in the free version (it was not going to be supported in the free version on previous descriptions of the new plans):
Unlimited device sync

So I'm tentatively less unhappy about this than I was yesterday.
Mike Thomas

Posted Dec 30, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
There has been no further explanation of this (from an email from Aaron on December 3rd):
"Third-party integrations. We're making changes to the API developer program. We will bring some of this functionality in-house, and where it makes sense, extend complimentary access to “Toodledo Approved” external partners."

The developer of Ultimate To-Do List indicated he had been in touch with Toodledo and was hopeful that UTL might get "complimentary access" (whatever that means), but I have heard nothing further from Toodledo or from UTL.

At this point I still cannot subscribe to the new plan (I was willing to pay for a year to give me more time to switch), and the longer I wait, the more likely I am to just say "screw it" and switch altogether (I will really miss UTL; Toodledo itself, not so much).
Mike Thomas

Posted Dec 20, 2018 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Once I heard that Toodledo wasn't going to continue to develop Notes I switched my Notes to OneNote, but I'm already paying for Office 365 so there was no additional financial hit.

However, I did it manually, and would probably just do the same if I ever needed to leave OneNote.

I'm not super happy with OneNote though - on a phone it just seems to be a bit flaky when (for example) copying & pasting text - I often end up with stuff pasted in the wrong place.
Mike Thomas

Posted Nov 30, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Posted by Ummagumma:

The RTM import method that worked for me was to first export TD tasks to CSV, then import into Outlook Tasks, then install the free trial of MilkSync, and sync from Outlook to RTM.

It was not without its quirks - e.g. the attachments were gone, and if I modified a task that had a Start date but no Due date, it would get assigned a Due date automatically. Also I was not using Goals or Contexts, so not sure how to handle those. But all in all, it was a fairly quick and easy process.

Thanks, I might give that a try.

Nice username BTW.

This message was edited Nov 30, 2018.
Mike Thomas

Posted Nov 30, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
After an initial flurry of trying to find an alternative that works well (for my needs) I had given up and resolved to bite the bullet and pay the ransom for a year of service, thereby delaying the decision by a year. But I cannot - every time I go to the Subscribe page (prompted by the arrow glaring at me in the left pane of my browser), it's still showing the old plans (with no warning of the impending change). None of the old plans say I will get 3rd-party app access (because it is supported by all of them for another 31 days).

This makes me determined to look again at the alternatives because I don't want to be painted into a corner come New Year's Day, or worse stuck in a tool that suddenly goes out of business because the users all moved to something else.

I don't need a lot of TD features. They all currently exist in the free version. But I *do* need to be able to make changes on a phone *and* in a browser and have them sync, plus I need support for sorting by context (or something analogous to it). Sadly most alternatives don't hit all those features, the one that does (RTM) will not import from TD (I used the beta version as directed and got no tasks after the import - but that's a question for the RTM forum).

Ditching TD altogether and syncing Ultimate To-Do List directly with Google Tasks is a non-starter (whoever "designed" (using the term loosely) Google Tasks should be selling deep-fried sliced vegetables).

This is pretty frustrating.
Mike Thomas

Posted Nov 16, 2018 in: Searching Descriptions
I have often wished that the drop-down on the search page (that defaults to "Task contains") had an option to select "Task or Note contains" (bonus points for making that the default). I find that would cover the majority of my searches.

This message was edited Nov 16, 2018.
Mike Thomas

OK, I tried it out. The OP is right - something due on 3/31 with a monthly repeat from due date ends up on 5/31 (because there is no 4/31). I wonder how long that's been the case? (or maybe I never noticed).
Mike Thomas

Is that new behavior (skipping a shorter month)? The last time I paid attention to this behavior around "last day of the month", I *thought* the task (if repeating from due date) would move to the last day of the next month (9/30 in the OP's example), and then remain on the 30th (e.g. 10/30) until I manually fixed it.

And worst case it would get stuck on the 28th after February, until manually changed.

But maybe I am remembering wrong.
Mike Thomas

Same here, plus when accessing via toodledo.com I *sometimes* get a server down type of message, or when I persist, all my tasks appear to be gone. Then they come back again on a refresh.
Mike Thomas

Posted Jul 28, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011 - Part 2
Score: 2
++ on the need to be able to close the left side-bar. I (perhaps perversely) usually run my browser in portrait mode (and not full-screen), meaning the "note" and "delete" icons are usually not visible. Or perhaps I can re-order the columns (I don't think the old UI allowed that; nope, just checked, the new UI doesn't let me re-order those two columns either).

I personally wish you were putting the effort into an Android app instead of redesigning an already-reasonably-good UI.
Mike Thomas

Posted Feb 08, 2011 in: Best Android App for Toodledo?
I liked it, so I bought it (Ultimate To Do List). Thanks!
Mike Thomas

Posted Feb 08, 2011 in: Best Android App for Toodledo?
Thanks Dalker, I will check it out.
Mike Thomas

Posted Feb 06, 2011 in: Best Android App for Toodledo?
While I'm disappointed Toodledo won't be creating an Android app, I can understand the need to focus on other areas. I (like many lately it seems) have recently switched from iPhone to Android and am looking for a replacement to-do app.

One thing that is important to me is that the app should also support the Toodledo Notebook. Are there any third-party apps that do that? I don't need any of the advanced features for which people use Toodledo (such as GTD), but it is important to me that today's to-do list be presented to me in a clean fashion (allowing me to sort and group). Sadly Pocket Informant (iPhone or Android) still doesn't do it for me from the to-do perspective (it's a great calendar), and so the Toodledo app for iPhone was a god-send.

Thanks ... Mike
Mike Thomas

Posted May 07, 2009 in: Undo a delete?
Thanks for the explanation.

Mike
Mike Thomas

Posted May 06, 2009 in: Undo a delete?
Posted by Anders:
This may be completely incorrect, but I got the impression that with PI, repeating tasks created in PI and those created on Toodledo had different behaviors. If it was created on Toodledo, it would act like what you have described here for the Toodledo app, and if created in PI, PI would generate the new tasks itself.

I dunno, although that would be a recipe for disaster (my intention was to have Toodledo solely as a backup of my PI data, but then I discovered how easy Toodledo made it to manipulate tasks in the browser, so it would be desirable to be able to use both tools and get consistent results). I'll probably experiment again when 1.02 comes out and see if it has changed (I know they are adding more repeat rules to the UI, but not sure what else).

Posted by Anders:
For the completion date thing, I don't think it should matter where the server is as long as your timezone setting on Toodledo is correct.

Agreed. But I don't track completion dates (I know many power users do), so it's of no importance (to me).

This message was edited May 06, 2009.
Mike Thomas

Posted May 06, 2009 in: Undo a delete?
Posted by Anders:
I could be wrong, but I think the idea is that you need to sync after marking the task complete for the next repeat of it to appear, and that you can't delete the completed version before that sync or you will break the repeat. Yes, that is probably not a good thing if you are offline for a while, but it seems like Toodledo has recognized this and plans to fix it.

Now that I have experienced the process (sync in order to see the next iteration) I can live with it. However, I now wonder whether this might explain the weird sync results I was seeing in PI (assuming the behavior is controlled on the Toodledo server rather than in the client). If so I hope Alex has already tripped over it and fixed it in 1.02.
The strangeness with the wrong completion date is another thing altogether. I notice that your post was just after midnight my time. Is it possible that it was after midnight when you checked the task off, or that your timezone is not correctly set?

It could be that when I completed the task it was past midnight at the server (not sure where it is located).

Mike
Mike Thomas

Posted May 05, 2009 in: Undo a delete?
Anders - thanks, I see the filter and it works. My problem was trying to do this super-fast because I have already invested a lot of time converting to Toodledo thanks to trying to convert from PI on WM to PI on iPhone, but PI still isn't usable for my (perhaps unique) workflow.

To clarify, previously I did the following:
1) Mark complete in iPhone app
2) Delete the task in iPhone app (assuming the next iteration got created)
3) Notice that the next iteration of the task is not displayed and figure it's a display/refresh bug
4) Sync
5) Task gone in both places :-(

Toodledo - I just marked complete another 2-week repeating task in the iPhone app (due 5/6), and the next iteration of the task does not appear on 5/20 (or on any date). The marked-complete task still has a repeat and says:
Added on Apr 23, 2009 (probably correct)
Modified on May 3 (this is not today but maybe I did modify it on 5/3)
Completed on May 6 (incorrect, I completed it today May 5)

I have not yet synced after marking it complete, and I am not sure what to do next :-(

Thanks ... Mike

Edit: After syncing, the new iteration of the task is now visible on the iPhone (and the original one no longer has a repeat). Not sure if that is intentional behavior, but it makes it hard to keep up to date if you're off the net for a long period of time.

This message was edited May 05, 2009.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next