ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Rich"
Rich

Score: 0
  • Rich
  • Posted: Jul 17, 2009
  • Score: 0
Works great on mouse click. But how do you get it to work when moving between sections and tabs with the keyboard (i.e m,o,c,e and 1-9)
Rich

Posted Jul 17, 2009 in: Minimize Sidebar - (New Userstyle)
  • Rich
Oops,

I guess I need to post the link..

:)

http://userstyles.org/styles/19589
Rich

Posted Jul 17, 2009 in: Minimize Sidebar - (New Userstyle)
  • Rich
This is a style where I have taken bits and pieces from Vintom's work, as well as some of Nonimage to try to fit as much as possible in TD.

Features:
. Remove subtask line and place icon next to last child task
. Move subtasks further to right for better visibility
. Add dotted line between Parent tasks for better visibility
. Remove text from sidebar and minimize it so that you can still access options by settings, and always keep it open
. Priority highlighting (vintom)
. Expand window full size (fluid by nonimage)
. Show keyboard shortcuts next to each option
. Minimize goal and folder entries so that they appear only on mouseover (save space on screen, but still allows ability to control)
. Number next to each tab showing shortcut

I currently have the following order set for my list:
Goal | Folder | Priority | Title | Context | Due Date | Repeat | Length | Tag and with the Goal and Folder minimized, they all fit on the screen on 1024 screen width.
Rich

Posted Jul 17, 2009 in: Controlling Toodledo with the Keyboard
  • Rich
I agree about the importance of the keyboard shortcuts. I also have difficulty finding a way to modify a lot of tasks at the same time, especially if they do not follow a particular trend that allows me to search for them. I know some people just use star as a selection modifier, but I want to keep my NA's!
Rich

Posted Jul 16, 2009 in: Controlling Toodledo with the Keyboard
  • Rich
  • Posted: Jul 16, 2009
As far as I know, unless other web browsers allow you to search for links only, which is what ' does
Rich

• Rich
Or you can just type 'sub[enter] :)
Rich

Score: 1
  • Rich
  • Score: 1
One thing I liked about RTM was the ability to do almost anything within the system by keyboard. However, I have found over the last 3 months that TD is superior in almost all other respects. Looking through the forum I see a lot of posts pertaining to requests for more keyboard shortcuts, or the ability to toggle subtasks automatically. One option, which I just thought of is to use the "mouseless browsing" addin for firefox.

What this addin accomplishes is to associate a keycode to every link on a page, which is updated when any javascript is run. I currently have it set up to show all available links with the press of "." and then [ctrl]+110 toggles my subtasks for me. Additionally, this gives you a key code for each parent task so you can make subtasks without using your mouse!!

Once I came to this conclusion, I immediately bought a membership, as this was one of the only major pitfalls I had with accepting the system.
Skip to Page:  1   2