Search results for "Posted by "
krellan

Score: 0
  • krellan
  • Posted: Aug 24, 2009
  • Score: 0
Agreed!
krellan

Posted Aug 24, 2009 in: Tasks created on iPhone not Syncing?
  • krellan
  • Posted: Aug 24, 2009
I haven't had that bug, but have had something similar: if I create a task on the iPhone, or check off a task, or do anything in general that edits the state of the tasks on the iPhone, then sometimes the task list gets truncated.

Instead of seeing my normal 200-or-so tasks, I'll only see about 3 of them or so.

Kind of scary!

However, if I sync several times manually (hitting the "Sync" button), perhaps create a dummy task then check it off, all my tasks will eventually come back.

I don't like this bug, and wish that the application would be more careful with my data. I haven't lost data yet, but feel that I have came dangerously close.

One thing I've learned: DO NOT interrupt the ToodleDo iPhone application while the little blue bar is on the bottom of the screen! This means that it is in the progress of syncing. Let it complete its sync, before exiting the app. I've found that the bug often happens if I exit the app too early, before it has had a chance to finish syncing.
krellan

• krellan
  • Posted: Aug 18, 2009
Question:

Is there a way to mark a task as discarded?

I'd like to do this, instead of checking off tasks, for tasks that can't be completed for one reason or another. I don't want to completely delete the task, because that loses information.

For similar reasons, I don't want to "cheat" and check off a task that was not successfully completed in real life.

Ideally, this "Discard" option, would retire a task from the importance list, similarly to checking it off, but without actually checking it off. A filter option "Show Discarded Tasks" would work similarly to the existing Show Completed Tasks.

Thanks for reading this!

Josh
krellan

Posted Aug 18, 2009 in: How about wiki Syntax in notes?
Score: 1
  • krellan
  • Posted: Aug 18, 2009
  • Score: 1
Please, if "smart formatting" of any sort is implemented... have an escape for it!

This applies to Wiki syntax, HTML, Microsoft AutoFormat syntax, or similar. I often cut-and-paste code snippets and such. Any kind of "smart formatting" breaks this.

This is especially irksome with Evernote. There's no way to just declare a note to be pure plain text, without formatting. If you cut and paste stuff into Evernote, it gets marked up, often against your will.

I'm hoping ToodleDo can remain "plain text friendly"!
krellan

• krellan
  • Posted: Jul 29, 2009
Thanks!

I tried again in Palm Desktop, for Windows.

I exported all records, to a file in "To Do" (not Tasks) format, using .tda extension.

It seemed to work MUCH better. The file size was only 189KB!

I have a total of 1561 tasks, of which 207 are not completed (sigh).

They seemed to all import into ToodleDo without a problem! That's really good.
krellan

• krellan
  • Posted: Jul 28, 2009
Thanks!

I'd be curious as to what you find.
krellan

• krellan
  • Posted: Jul 28, 2009
Hi! I'm one of the many "Palm refugees" who are migrating years of data from Palm OS to iPhone/cloud storage.

I'm looking at ToodleDo, and it seems very promising, especially the many varied import/export options.

Does buying a Pro account, on ToodleDo, allow for exceeding the 1MB size limit of uploads, when syncing data?

Currently, my iCal file is 29MB. I'm not sure how to break up the iCal file into its individual components (calendars, to do lists).

I will try my Palm Desktop file soon.

I'd love to be able to break the 1MB size limit. This is a feature I'd gladly upgrade to a Pro account for! It would most likely be a one-time thing, to upload all of my old Palm data. Then, individual edits should be very small, from that point forward.

Thank you!

Josh
Skip to Page:  1   2